What do you do on Sunday afternoons?

I was wondering how you spend your Sunday afternoons? Around here all our kids and their families come over for Sunday dinner (lunch), after church. Then we sit in the living room or go outside and visit for an hour or so. Then after all the kids leave my husband and I sort of relax, take a nap sometimes, or watch tv. Then we get up and ride our four wheeler or golf cart and drive around on our farm and look for deer and turkey and we put out more feed for them. By that time, it is time to get ready to go back to church.
Sounds like a nice way to spend Sundays! I spend some quite time with my bible, put on some praise music, and just worship. Sometimes my hubby and I go to the flea market, and maybe out to lunch. We enjoy the flea market a lot, each of us going our seperate ways, meeting occassionally to tell of our 'treasures', possibly to split a soda. Lunch/brunch is at our favorite buffet type place, I enjoy the breakfast menu, while hubby kills a bit of time waiting for the lunch menu. Home for naps, tv, and handiwork. Blessed peaceful day.
Sounds like so much of a blessed peaceful day! Thanks for responding.
@carlaabt (3505)
If my husband doesn't have to work, we go to church. After church, we come home and watch nascar if it's on. Otherwise, we just spend the afternoon together as a family. When I still lived close to home, we did the family thing on Sunday like you do. It was fun. My mom has one sister who never married, and she goes to my parents' house, along with my brother, and usually at least one of my older sisters. My little sister lives there, so of course she is always there. Before I got married and moved 1100 miles away, I always went there on Sunday afternoons. Then I would take a nap in my old bedroom. :)
Carlaabt!!!! 1100 miles away from home!!! Oh My! I know it felt so good to get to take a nap in your old bedroom when you did go. By the way, would you pm me about if your commissary takes expired coupons. I have them waiting.
@FrancyDafne (2048)
I'm a very busy person, from Monday to Friday I go to work and only in my week I'm really free to do what I like more. On Saturday and Sunday I can stay the whole day with my beloved son. We study, watch TV, go to the park, to visit my parents and my grandmother. And yet I can find a little of time for me so I can draw, paint and visit art exhibitions.
Your Sunday sounds great too!
@jahvo6 (624)
• Peru
I always stay at home and watch tv, read books or in front of the computer, I really love Sundays!!!
Sounds like your Sundays are soooo relaxing!!
Well after church Sunday morning and lunch after that we usually just relax for a while. We go to the mall and check out the pet store and play with the animals. Since it's getting nice out we'll probably walk in the park or do something outside.
That sounds good too. I like walking outside and being outside. It is so nice to be able to watch nature and enjoy it.
@Sherry12 (2475)
We usually just relax and enjoy not having to do anything. My husband is usually watching tv, and I'm reading or on the computer. Sometimes we go for a drive or a walk if the weather is nice.
Yes that sounds enjoyable too. The walk is good exercise for the both of you too. Thanks for the comment.
@taurean83 (505)
Usually i spends it at home watching movies having fun but all alone.I dont feel like going outside if it is weekend it makes me more bore afterall whole weekdays i am out of home so I try to relax at home cook food for my self and hubby watch movie spend some time together.I rarely go outing on sundays.
You spend good quality time just you and your husband. That is great!
@bruxedo (773)
• France
I myLot, You myLot, He/She/It myLot We mylot, You myLot, They myLot :)
So, bruxedo, you have MyLot Sundays. LOL
@navtech (1776)
Sunday is the best day for relaxation after six hectic days. All my family members have job. Therefore, we look forward to Sunday to spend it in a relaxed mood. From morning to evening we chat, see movies and while away our time. Of course, in the morning we all go to restaurant to have our breakfast.
That sounds great, navtech! Family time is so important!
@navtech (1776)
Sunday is the best day for relaxation after six hectic days. All my family members have job. Therefore, we look forward Sunday to spend it in a relaxed mood. From morning to evening we chat, see movies and while away our time. Of course, in the morning we all go to restaurant to have our breakfast.
I love to hear of families enjoying their time together. I love it when all our family can get together and enjoy one another's company.
@kathy77 (7488)
Hi Mamacathie, Well on Sunday afternoons here we normally just stay home and watch a dvd or go and visit some friends that we have not seen for awhile as we do not live close to them and during the week we are pretty busy so this is the only time that we can catch up with friends.
That sounds good too. We all should do more visiting friends than we do.