Would you adopt?

@Swtrose (3399)
It is usually only couples who cannot have children that choose to adopt, yet there are so many children in the system that need loving homes. Have you ever thought about adopting and would you adopt?
@4cuteboys (4102)
Yes, we talked about it and will adopt someday. Many years from now though, we won't be ready for a long time. But yes, we are going to do it.
@Swtrose (3399)
How wonderful!
@Poison_Girl (4163)
Nah, I couldn't adopt. I don't even want children of my own, there's no way I could take care of a kid that came from someone else. It may sound kinda sad/mean, but it's only the truth. The kid would be better off with someone else. I'm no good with kids.
@Swtrose (3399)
Thank you for being honest.
@carlaabt (3505)
We've considered it, but aren't likely to do it, at least not for quite some time. It's just too expensive to adopt. My husband is in the military and I'm a stay at home mom. It's much cheaper for us to have our own babies (insurance covers everything), than to go through all the cost and paperwork it would take to adopt a child. We have talked about becoming foster parents when our son gets a little bit older, though. I know there are lots of kids that need a place to live, and we could provide a temporary place for someone. We just don't want to while our son is still small.
My husbadn is in the miltary and the type of radiation he works with at work kills the boy chrmosomes. WE tried early before he really got into his job and got a girl. Our chances of haveing a boy are like 33%. I really think that if we decided to have more kids adoption will be a major consideration because that is a guarentee that it will be a boy. But even if that wasn't the case I would consider it as well.
@Springlady (3986)
I would love to adopt! I really believe it is better for the child to have both a mother and a father, but that can't always be the case. I'm divorced and I live in a duplex. I am dating a wonderful man, but it is way too early in the relationship to even mention marriage. This is something that I want to talk to God about and have. I want to be able to give the child a GOOD home in a good Christian environment. I hope more people will consider adopting a child...even if they are able to have children of their own. Of course, if they can afford it! I love big families!
@mivarg (277)
I always think adoption is a nice idea, but as you may know, it has becomes very difficult these days to adopt a child, with all the legal hassles and and the social problems attendant to it, to such an extend that adoption has become the safe choice of only the rich and powerful people. (long sentence, eh?)
I think in about 8-10 years, my husband and I are going to open a foster home for teenagers. No one ever cares about the kids who only have a year or two before they're out of the system. It was the book "White Oleander" that made me want to do it. I have no doubt in my mind that effed up stuff like that really happens.
@Gemmygirl1 (2870)
I would absolutely consider it but whether i could afford it is another thing. The reason i say this is because i live in Australia & the waiting list for adoption is HUGE, very few people give up their babies to be adopted here, the thing that's happening here these days, is that parents are willing to help their kids raise the babies so they don't have to be put up for adoption in the first place. It's a good thing for the kids, not so good for couples who wish to adopt, but seriously, if i wanted to adopt from another country it would cost me a fortune, i would never be able to afford all the costs involved & those costs also don't factor in the numerous flights overseas i'd have to make alone, with my partner & also to get the child from their country to mine. If they could make adoption a little less costly then for sure i would do it! If i could afford to adopt then i'd probably be broke by the time the child actually got here, it's just a ridiculous amount of money to spend i think!