Pink Honeysuckle Bush/Tree?

Has anyone ever heard of a pink honeysuckle bush/tree? I bought this plant 2 years ago from a roadside nursery (not there anymore), anyway she told me it was a pink honeysuckle tree, not a vine. It hasn't been doing well, I bought 2 one has died already. So I thought I'd move it from the yard to maybe around near the house where most everything else grows well. I got on the internet to find some planting and growing info, from what I gather it is a plant that is called a nuisance plant, otherwords it will take over. Is this true? I know the honeysuckle vine will and I love the fragrance but not the vines. Should I just toss this bush/tree out or is it worth trying to salvage? Any info or input would be greatly appreciated.
@Modestah (11195)
my only experience with the honeysuckle is a bush that was outside a neighbors house when we lived in the tropics. we used to suck the "honey" out of the pistons. the flowers were kind of a salmony coral red.
I can remember doing that also as a child in my parents yard, the flowers were white though. But I remember they tasted sweet and smelled pretty. Thanks for sharing with me.
@jennybianca (12918)
From what I have read of it, honeysuckle can be a nuisance. However, if you are not finding it a problem, I think it would be worth your trying with it again. Here are some relevant sites with info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeysuckle http://www.gardenguides.com/plants/plant.asp?symbol=LOHIV http://www.answers.com/topic/honeysuckle
Thank you Jenny for sharing these sites with me. I appreciate it. From what I could find on the net, it is called a Tartarian honeysuckle bush. The picture looks like the one I have, except mine isn't as healthy looking.
Well, from what I've found out, Pink Honeysuckle or "Tarisian Honeysuckle" does well in full shade as well as full sun. It's been reviewed by a gardener as needing little or no help, just some pruning to shape it. Supposedly it's best used fro windbreaks (hedges). And yes, it is a stinker when it comes to climbing and strangling trees. So be sure to keep it in check, or the nearest tree will fall victim to it. Frankly I can't see what the problem might be - is the soil well turned, and loose? Have you used any fertilizer - and if so, what's the condition of your soil? Is it sandy, or full of clay? Have you supplemented the soil with organic materials? And lastly, how much rain have you been getting, and do you water everyday, or as needed? *Phew* There you go...all the elements that a gardener needs to consider.
Yes, I've checked and considered all of the above that you mentioned. One made it through a tough winter, one did not. But it just doesn't thrive where it is planted, so it must be the soil. I just didn't want to plant in around the house and have it take over eventually. I'm still landscaping or trying too. I plant and replant every season. But I thought pink (one of my favorite colors for flowers/plants) honeysuckle would be pretty. But I can't find a lot on the web about it. Some pictures, so I know it is a honeysuckle, but nothing positive was written about the bush/tree/plant. So I don't really know what to do with it. Maybe just give it to someone else. Thank you for sharing with me though. That's why I love mylot, I am learning so much all the time, a great place for information.
@kathy77 (7488)
I have heard of honeysuckle bush/tree but I cannot remember hearing about the pink honeysuckle bush/tree. I know the the honeysuckle bush can take over the whole garden. I think that it is best to get rid of this bush.