A Song That Sums My Marriage. Do You Have A Song That Does The Same?

In August of this year my husband and I have been together for 35 years. He is the first man I married and there have been no others. We have had our ups and downs and this song tells the way I feel still today the best and I love to listen to it often. Stand By Your Man Sometimes it's hard to be a women Giving all your love to just one man He'll have bad times and he'll have good times Doing things that you don't understand But if you love him please forgive him Even though he's hard to understand And if you love him, whoa be proud of him 'Cause after all he's just a man Stand by your man Give him two arms to cling to And something warm to come to When the nights are cold and lonely Stand by your man And show the world you love him Keep giving all the love you can Stand by your man I love this song very much. It about sums up the way I feel about my husband. He is a good man and over the years we have had our ups and downs and weathered the storms. I thank God everyday that my husband and I have stayed together and grown together. I am not judging those who don't stay together because each circumstance is different and each person is different so I am not judging anyone ever.
@gberlin (3836)
My wife and I will be married 31 years in June. The only song that comes to mind is "Afternoon Delight". Every time we hear and we are together we just grin at each other. Doesn't really sum up our marriage but then again, maybe it does! :)
@gberlin (3836)
I forgot, here are the lyrics to this song: Lyrics for: Afternoon Delight Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight Gonna grab some afternoon delight My motto's always been 'when it's right, it's right' Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night? When everything's a little clearer in the light of day And we know the night is always gonna be there any way Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite Looking forward to a little afternoon delight Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite And the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting Sky rockets in flight Afternoon delight Afternoon delight Afternoon delight Started out this morning feeling so polite I always thought a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite But you've got some bait a waitin' and I think I might try nibbling A little afternoon delight Sky rockets in flight Afternoon delight Afternoon delight Afternoon delight Please be waiting for me, baby, when I come around We could make a lot of lovin' 'fore the sun goes down Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite Looking forward to a little afternoon delight Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite And the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting Sky rockets in flight Afternoon delight Afternoon delight Afternoon delight Afternoon delight!
I can see why you would grin at each other when you hear that song. Good response. Thanks for responding.
@gberlin (3836)
Some discussions are easier to respond to than others. This one was very easy. That song popped right into my head!
@jerryn (818)
Now that's a tough act to follow and a long time to be married to the same man. Congrats to keeping it together through the good times and the bad times. I have a childhood friend who will be renewing her vows with her hubby of 35 years in July. You're right everyone is different, some couples don't make it past 10 years. My hubby and I will be married for 16 years in July.
@jerryn (818)
I forgot the name of the song but I know it was a song by Luther Vandross.My hubby doesn't recall it either. Oh well, at least we're on the same page. It's more important to remember the vows.
My husband and I have had some tough times but we felt the marriage was strong enough to make it through the tough times. I have looked at marriage as a rose bush. You look at a rose bush when it's flowers are bloomed out and it is magnificient. But when you go to pick a flower there are thorns you have to beware of. I look on Marriage as a very beautiful rose and when the thorns come I know that it is worth putting up with them because I have the most magnificient rose of all. A relationship with my husband that is very strong.
Congragulations on your upcoming anniversary. Each year they become more speical.
This my "Signature Song" not just for my marriages but my life. My Way And now, the end is near; And so I face the final curtain. My friend, Ill say it clear, Ill state my case, of which Im certain. Ive lived a life thats full. Ive traveled each and evry highway; And more, much more than this, I did it my way. Regrets, Ive had a few; But then again, too few to mention. I did what I had to do And saw it through without exemption. I planned each charted course; Each careful step along the byway, But more, much more than this, I did it my way. Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew When I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up and spit it out. I faced it all and I stood tall; And did it my way. Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried. Ive had my fill; my share of losing. And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing. To think I did all that; And may I say - not in a shy way, No, oh no not me, I did it my way. For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught. To say the things he truly feels; And not the words of one who kneels. The record shows I took the blows - And did it my way!
Excellent signature song. It says all there is to say about your life. Thanks for responding.
Our song was "More" it was around inthe 60's One line is More than you'll ever know, my heart want to love you so
I don't believe I have heard that song. Thanks for responding.