Have you ever taken a philosophy class?

My daughter is taking a philosophy course in college and she was commenting to me how "over thought" this entire class is. I had to laugh because I remember my college days when you had the "oddest" professor around teaching philosophy, always looked on the verge of crazy, who thought they were so deep that they confused themselves, let alone their students! LOL How many of you have taken philosophy as a class? What do you remember about it?
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
lol i took courses in religion and philosophy, oh wow wasnt that a learning experience? haha he was a wonderful goy, who used to place a bottle of water in the middle of the room when discussion was invited. It took us a year to work out that the bottle of "water" was actualy vodka and he was out of his box most of the lesson lol, its no wonder i have a twisted view of life lol
ROFL... I think most "philosophers" are either drunk or high when they "philosophically speak". LOL
@kbkbooks (7028)
Philosophy IS over thought,in my opinion. That's what makes it philosophy. I never took philosophy, but I am sure most any philosophy teacher would be odd. The most similar thing in my day was a Christian/Judeo History class taught by an Aetheist. How weird is that? He had a write a term paper on Logos (You know I John 1 -- "The Word was with God, and the Word was God..."). I of course wrote mine from a completely Christian view point. I had my Dad (an Episcopal pastor) and several other pastors I trusted read it. They all said it was excellent. I had my Biblical quotes and footnotes and other sources. I got a failing grade on this paper because he didn't want my Christian viewpoint. That's what you get from an Aetheist teaching Christian/Judeo History.
Oh wow. It's generally those that are considered "brilliant" that overthink life and are 100% certain we all came from a puff in the sky. To me that sounds more illogical then logical!