One of the most selfish, rudest, cruelest things in the world..

So far we've lived in this lovely house for a week or so, since my last discussion about homelessness. Last Thursday though, the realtor lady for the house we're renting came over with a family of three to show the house. We're renting the house and it's being shown, as in the realtor lady was showing it to people who were considering buying it. We've already paid for six months rent. The lady who's renting us the house is popping over today to talk to us. So, we might have to move..again. Our cats are doing very well, as well as my dog. I am not going to school though..'cause the phone people, who were supposed to hook up our phone Friday didn't show..and I don't think the school people'd have me going for the few more weeks there is left. Though we'll have to see, maybe they will..I don't know. We can't really call them.. My laptop does not get internet where we are, so I had a twenty somethin' minute walk here, to the library..and granted we stay at our current home, I may have a twenty somethin' minute walk every day or so. But if we don't get to stay..legally, there's nothing we can do. Though, realistically..we have nothing to lose. This is one of the many examples I've seen that tell me the system is seriously flawed. If someone pays six months rent and the people renting the place wants to show it to other people for sale, they can do it. It's perfectly legal. Even though they know we've recently lost everything.. Then again, it's possible the husband of thelady who's renting us the house is being bad and doing this all behind her back. We'll only find out, tonight. Do any of you all have unpleasant experiences renting houses? Fought any legal battles over a rented home? If so, what were the outcomes?
@ElicBxn (60884)
I rented a house from one of my towns so called "slum lords." We had water poaring thru the ceiling & it took calling the tenants council to get him to do anything.
@arcadian (931)
What's happening is only legal if it is mentioned in your lease. They are not allowed to traipse through your house if you have rented it without explicit permission from you to do so. When you rented it, the landlord/ladywould have had to say the house is for sale as an occupied rental and will be shown, or is for sale and when sold you will have to move- one or the other. But this sounds like you were taken by surprise. xPar, I'm so sorry this is happening. It's wrong. If you've the spirit to fight- go to legal aide with a copy of your rental agreement and tell them what is happening. they may help you get an injunction to leave you all alone awhile (6 months). I have had to go to court at times and have won -usually it is enough to know what your rights are and to respectfully present them to the court, to win. Good luck.