Parents Do you Feel Guilty

If your offspring, whether as a child or an adult, commits a wrong doing do you feel feel guilt or a sense of failure thinking that you personally are partially to blame?
Yes, as a parent, I must say I did for a very long time. But, one day I woke up, and I realized that I am a human. I did what I felt was right. A child has choices to make themselves, and they must answer for them, and it is not my fault.
@gabs8513 (48717)
Yes I guess I would as I would wonder where I went wrong I know I have done my best but then I would wonder if I have I hope I will never have that feeling I really do
@mummymo (23709)
yep I sure do and I think that Mothers feel it more! It is only natural for s to blame ourself or feel we haven't done a good job of being a parent even though it is not necessarily true! Even when we have tried to instill a sense of right and wrong and show by example the best way to live our lives it does not mean that our children will follow this example!
@Lakota12 (42684)
Nope i beleive I have gave them the ground rules to live by if they make a mistake they did it them selfes
@tad1fan (3373)
I think we all go through the 'question' stage when our children do wrong.We all blame ourselves,one way or another and wonder where we went wrong but if we REALLY want to help a problematic child,we have to practice 'tough love' and not let the 'wrong-doer'see our guilt
I consider myself responsible for my children when they are underage. I make sure they understand what they did wrong and why they cannot do it again. When they are adults they are on their own, all my children know that they cannot call me to bail them out of jail for any reason. Once the children are old enough to make their own decisions they need to exercise that right good , bad, or indifferntly. Making mistakes is part of who we are and everyone deserves that chance.