Look out, the decade that taste forgot is making a comback - YAY!

@shelagh77 (3643)
I used to work with a very beautiful girl who tried to transform me from a "bag lady" (her words) into a polished individual. She managed to browbeat me into dying my hair (good nagging, I still do! and I have to confess it suits me)and she would glare at me fit to freeze when I walked in wearing my customary mix of orange checks, purples strikes and clue shoes (honest!). Gradually I learned a sense of not mixing and matching but combining. Well, one lunch time she returned from shopping with, miracle of miracles, a dress which I, the bag lady, thought was absolutely beautiful! I asked her if they did it in my size and, everyone around burst into hysterical laughter. She said "well, if they did, I certainly wouldn't tell you where to get it. I got it from the charity shop. It's for a bad taste party and I shall never wear it again!" Oh my goodness, everyone kept laughing all day over that one. But I have the last laugh. For several weeks now the fashion pages are full of EXACTLY what I used to wear!!!! I wonder if my friend will keep up with the fashions lolololol. I have not said one word - yet, I am living for the day she turns up wearing something that I have a photograph of ME wearing, years ago. Not exactly revenge, as I love her dearly, but ooooooooooooooh it will be sweeeeeet!
@rainbow (6763)
I'm sure your friend will love to see pictures of you many years ago wearing the same sparkling new outfits she now loves but then hated, lol. I hope you get the last laugh on this one! I like charity shop dresses, I got one for my aunts wedding and took it back afterwards, it's not like I'd want to wear again. I tend to do bag lady at home, it saves the good stuff for if I have to go out, I love skirts to my ankles, baggy shapeless things and the same with tops really, then I can forget and bleach things or help Shrek move tools or garden without worrying about my cloths. I used to ruin my things so now I sort of learned.
@shelagh77 (3643)
Oh yes, I will have the last laugh because although I have always been plump those styles did look good me lol. At the moment I am in the same two pairs of jeans and about four tops because good old other half packed my clothes away and I could not get to them. I have now FOUND them and once I can get to the washing machine, I am still doing the back log from you-know-who, I shall be able to be a bit more ME. Also, due to the illness, I wear more trousers now, so I am going to treat myself to some new clothes later in the year, more Asian in design as I love the way their clothes have such beautifully feminine tunics over trousers. All I need now is to make sure I have got all of those darned moths!
@rainbow (6763)
I want some pretty smock tops - hide a multitude of sins (biscuits mainly) but couldn't find any I like today, think I'm gonna have to look online for something that I like. I have some pretty skirts - but no tops to go with them and would like some capri pants for summer. I love the floaty indian designs, really comfortable, and that's what clothes are about to me.
@shelagh77 (3643)
Now, where was that web site I saw? ah yes! www.underfivepounds.com the model is Sunita from Coronation Street, and people have been sniffy, but hey, I like the actress and I like the clothes, you can always splash out on something for special wear, but with the lives we lead I reckon you may find something you like here, hope so. Taste is such a funny thing, so if I have got it wrong, please forgive me! http://www.bonprixsecure.com/uk/shop.htm?id=123626529774356402-0-46489c69&nv=1|699 bonPrix have some nice items for cover ups
@Lakota12 (42684)
what comes around goes around dont ya think lololol revenge is so sweet for you1
@shelagh77 (3643)
It is absolutely zippedy doo day wooohooo fantastic! I don't know how she will ever live it down, dressing like the "bag lady" yippee hoo hoo! Still, she is a lovely girl and I am very fond of her, I wouldn't but it in, but wow! would I laugh later :-)
@kathy77 (7488)
Hi Shelagh, Oh yes I seen the fashion of what it is today and you know like me that the fashion is coming back big time to what some of our friends used to think would never be the fashion oh boy aren't they in for a shock lol!! So the smile is on the other side of their faces now.
@shelagh77 (3643)
Sure is Kathy! I am actually quite happy about it too. I still have some of the clothes I wore first time round and because I wore baggy I can still get into them - just!
@gabs8513 (48716)
Oh dear lol well I hope she does But trust you lol But saying that seriously now You wore what you where Comfy in and that is what mattered
@shelagh77 (3643)
Yes, and I used to play top level darts too. I had a bright yellow jacket and the rest of the team (all men) used to whistle canary tunes and keep putting that "I'm only a poor little sparrow" on the juke box. I had the last laugh though, wiped the board with the lot of them, evil grin.
@anonymili (3138)
Hehehe that is sweet revenge in a roundabout way hun, good on you! I have to admit that since adulthood, I haven't really taken any notice of the current day fashion trends. I don't like to be told what colours I should be wearing or what styles. For example, I hated flared trousers and platform shoes the first time around and hated them when they came back a few years ago and have avoided them both times around. I wear what I feel comfortable in and try to dress professionally for work. Thankfully I tend not to attract too much attention to myself in the way I dress so no mad fashion victims have tried to change me! I would love to hear what your friend says when you show her those pics of you wearing what she never thought would come in fashion! x
@shelagh77 (3643)
I know! I am soooooooooooo happy. I don't like to be told what to wear either, but although I am very good with words I am hopeless with space and colour and other people did think it was a huge improvement - I got a promotion out of it and the person I worked for confided that my "outlandish" dress sense had been very offputting, so she was doing me a favour. Just think, if only it had been now, I would have been at the height of fashion, and yes, yes, yes I can not wait to catch her wearing something similar to something I have a photo of me wearing. Yay!