What is your favorite meal to cook, or food to eat away from home?

Baking cookies - Baking cookies is one of my daugher's favorite things to make, and she has even more fun eating them. Do you?
I received the following excerpt in an email recently: "The most eaten 'convenience' food in the world was invented by an English aristocrat with a passion for gambling, the Earl of Sandwich. To ensure he didn't have to stop playing and to keep his hands clean for the cards, the Earl of Sandwich asked for meat to be put between 2 slices of bread." My daughter loves to bake cookies. What is one of your favorite foods or meals to either cook yourself or eat out?
My partner and I both love curries, both cooking them ourselves and eating out at one of famous balti restaurants.
Aye. Sandwich it is. Anything simple will do but will be great if someone else makes it for moi. ;)
@Lovett (465)
Hey, u r simple!!! but I would prefer a huge sandwich, maybe a chicken grilled sandwich. But particularly I like Chinese, italian, n Indian food, mostly since i m from Goa, I love Chicken Xacuti,,which is a spicy chicken curry , which when u eat will get all smells from the spices, n thats what I like best about the dish. I also love Biryani, which is a dish cooked during festivals by the muslims.
@Lovett (465)
chicken Xacuti - Well, if u happen to visit Goa , in India anytime, try the Chicken Xacuti, u will love it.Tell me if u need the recipe. But I doubt u may have all the spices available at ur place
look at the pic . It is chicken Xacuti.
@mummymo (23707)
I love to eat cajun chicken or chicken fajitas when I am out or visiting my brother who is a chef - I can never make it so tasty myself! My favourite meal to make at home is a stek and mushroom casserole - I make it in the slow cooker and it is so delicious that there is never any leftovers!
@mummymo (23707)
sorry that should be steak and mushroom casserole!
Now that is dedication, going back and correcting your spelling like that. I'm so proud of you as I probably would just carry on, or miss the mistake. I can't say mushrooms are a fave, but I love steak!
@TerryZ (22083)
I love to bake cookies too. But I have to stop because the weather is getting too warm and I dont like to heat my house up.My favorite thing to get when we eat out is veal we never buy it because its to expensive. I love veal parmasean just about anything with veal.mmmgood
You hit the nail on the head Terry! I too love veal parmigiana and used to go to IHOP in the States just to get it, of course opting for chocolate pancakes at other times. Another fav is chicken parmigiana and I like it from Olive Garden and other restaurants. I'm too chicken to try Eggplant parmigiana.
dont have a favourite i love most ANYTHING Thanks for the story of the sandwich i did know this but many folks dont !
@derek_a (10902)
I got to say here that my favourite food is curry. There is nothing I like better than a Madras curry. Not too hot, but not too mild. We often have a take-away (take-out)or a meal delivered that we eat at home. As for dessert, anything with dark chocolate in or blackcurrents or blue berries. Used to love cream - not permitted it now though :(
@aciddrop (798)
i love sandwiches.at home i like to make tuna sandwiches with cucumber or tomato in.sometimes when i have to get take out i prefer subway sandwiches.:p
To eat away from home my favorite food is sandwiches, nothing beats the easiness of that ever.
@slickcut (8141)
my favorite food when eating out is chinese,I love that food a lot.When home i make a stew,and old made up family recipe,it had bacon,potatoes and dumplings.My husband told me that his grandmother that lived during the depression days,when she ran low on groceries made this stew,and to her she was scraping the bottom of the barrel (her words) when she had to make this stew.He gave me the recipe and i love it.Everytime the kids are coming over and i am cooking they always say ( mama please make grandma's stew, they do not eat it, they inhale it,they all eat the entire pot and the grandkids are licking the remains.hee hee..PS and i make a huge pot too!
i'm only good at cooking noodles, it's convenient for me to do it, because it needs no skills at all , and when i cooked it every time i'd like adding lots of vegetalbes in it . my roommate is a good cook, everyweekend we often cook the meals in the dorm , the only thing that i can do for her is only do some favor for her, like washing the vegetalbes and so on, she's cooking skill is perfect, she can cook lots of delicious Chinese food.
@4cuteboys (4102)
I am not a big cook, but I do like when my husband grills steaks at home, we usually have mashed potatoes and corn with it, and watermelon when it's summer. For eating out my very favorite is probably Ravioli, breadsticks and salad from olive garden although chicken parm is a close second. I love olive garden, but we rarely eat there because my husband hates their food!
@marababe (2513)
Hi runningman! Well, I am a student of BS- Hotel, Restaurant and Institution Management and here, once others know that that is your course they immediately think that you're a great cook. But in my school we have three tracks that focuses on each majors and I'm not in the Culinary track so basically I don't know how to cook meals. But one thing I have learned in one of my cooking classes before and is my favorite to cook now is Seafood Garlic in Penne Pasta. That is the only food I know how to cook except for those instant noodles and chicken nuggets. Lol. But when I eat out, I love steaks, seafoods and pasta.
@lightningMD (5932)
My favorite meals to cook are lasagna and baked ziti. My favorite meal out at a restraunt is seafood. Shrimp,scallops and fish.
I have 3 kids. Pizza is the meal of choice in my house. I think my husband could eat is everyday. I can't! I'm sick of Pizza. I do make it twice a week because it's the only meal my family doesn't complain about and it's fast & easy. Plus it's easy on the budget!
I love to cook for my family. One of my new favorites to make is crispy orange chicken and jasmine rice, mmm its delicious. Eating out, I usually get a pasta dish or a chicken dish. I am not usualy brave with my choices incase I dont like something.
@Bee1955 (3886)
Mac & Cheese - m&c
Our favorite meal is homemade macaroni and cheese! My husband and his mother drool over my recipe, its so rich and creamy. Here it is: Bee's Mac and Cheese Ingredients: 1 - 16-24 piece package of Kraft Cheese, any style (or 1 pound+) 1 cup milk 1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1 teas corn starch or flour salt & pepper 1 pkg penne, elbow, bow-tie OR shell macaroni (pasta), cooked in salted water, drained and set aside In a 1 quart saucepan melt butter on medium heat and then reduce to low, stirring in the flour/corn starch until it makes a pate. Raise temp to medium and SLOWLY add milk, stirring constantly until flour paste is absorbed. Add one slice of cheese at a time, still stirring the mixture as you do. Make sure each slice is melted before the next is added. ou mat need to turn down the temp a little to avoid scalding. After all the cheese is absorbed, add pepper, stir one last time and conbine with cooked pasta into a baking dish or pan (you can put 2 pieces of cheese on top to garnish). Place uncovered baking dish or pan under pre-heated broiler for 30 seconds to brown top (not too much). Feeds 4-5 people as an entree or for using as as a side dish 5-6.
Thanks so much for the detailed response, the recipe, and to boot, you even added a picture! I cannot wait until I reach 500 posts as long as MyLot still allows the cutting and pasting capability. Maybe I should put some more pictures on my profile!
@Bee1955 (3886)
Thanks for best respomse!
@veldort (210)
• Finland
I like to make some sort of steaks. They taste so good ;) .
Steaks are something my family doesn't eat that often, so it is sort of like a treat when we do. Nothing beats a T-Bone thrown on the grilled, seasoned to perfection and marinated, along with a loaded baked potato & the fixins'.
@rosario00 (285)
• United Arab Emirates
i like to cook chiness fod at hoe specially fried rice
Yummy to my tummy. I love the all-you-can eat buffet at Chinese restaurants and I too love rice, whether it be white, fried, spicy, Mexican, or what.
@kpbhuvana (392)
My favourite would definitly be eating out. I always feel lazy in cooking. But if i had the mood to cook then i would prepare a lot. My favourite food of cooking is fried rice and a lot of sweets . And when going out i like a lot of spicy food. You have said about cookies no . I love a lot of baking cookies, but i dont know the receipy . If u have the receipy for making without the readymade available packets. Just let me know. Will be very thankful.
Our household is also pretty lazy (don't tell my wife haha) when it comes to cooking. Unfortunately, we only bake the ready-to-bake cookies. We almost always have a dinner consisting of frozen dinners or the meals in a box that are so easy and can be made in 30 minutes or less. My wife never learned how to cook from her mother who is the best, and I guess I spend to much time on here...haha!
@kathy77 (7488)
Hi Runningman, well my favourite food when I am at home is lobster done in coconut cream, I love all seafood it is simply delicious and nice and fresh as we buy our seafood from the fish markets unless we catch it fresh ourselves. I hope that you like seafood it is very good for us.
Oh yes, "Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you." And I also like Captain D's, needing to eat fish at least once a week, but more like once a monthly only.