I'm new here. Need help! :)

@rojane (500)
im a just a neophyte here in mylot. i would really appreciate it if you can give me tips/advice on how to be a good and active member here. you can also add me up as your friend if you want. looking forward for your responses and help. thanks so much!
@Modestah (11192)
a very important strategy is to make your responses a minimum of 3 lines. Anything less just does not generate any cents and also a lot of times I have heard it told that people will rate negatively anyone who gives only a few words in reply.
@rojane (500)
hi modesta! since you had mentioned the rates, i would just like to ask how much a topic/discussion is worth. also, do i get to have additional fee for every response i get on the discussions i've started? and do we also get fee for every comment we give? thanks, by the way, for your response. hope you could help me with this again. :)
hi rojane so u r new to mylot so u have to do 3 main things 1.post the messages to the discussions and the message must be quality and must be best message. 2.Rate the other discussions and give reply to ur discussions. 3.Rate the message and the message must contain min 3 lines and must clear wat u want to tell.
@rojane (500)
thanks a lot! i'll do just that. i assume that you're already a "professional" on this? hehe. anyway, just one question: can i rate my own discussion?
hehehe that very silly question u cannot after posting the message u acn see for they is rating but for ur discussion u cannot see the rating just check it out rojane
@howard96h (11659)
• New York, New York
Hi rojane, my name is Howard. Welcome to mylot it is a great discussion board. Very nice people here too. I hope you enjoy your self while your here.
@rojane (500)
thanks so much howard!...for welcoming me, that is! :) actually, i'm beginning to enjoy this site and this thing. at first, i found this sumkinda weird, you know, having discussions with persons i don't even know. but then, i guess sometimes it's much easier to talk or confide with strangers. :)
@raijin (10373)
Greetings rojane, Kabayan!;) My very first tip would for you is, to make good postings by starting some of your own and also through responding to other mylot member's posts. Share your views to others, provide informative, fun and lively opinions to every topics that is being discussed. Make friends with helpful mylot members, those of which you think share the same interests with you and are great posters. Also the most important thing is, to read mylot's guidelines and learn to post by it. This will surely give help on you here, on your earnings and reputation as well!;) Here is the link on mylot's guidelines, take time to read and understand it.. http://www.mylot.com/o/guidelines.aspx Welcome, and enjoy your postings!;)
@rojane (500)
ei there, kabayan! honestly, i find myself lazy to read those guidelines. but ok, i think i have to read them if i want to really earn. hehehe. big thanks for your help and advice! :)
@Norstar (695)
You are welcome! It is good that you are keen to improve. Well, in my opinion, the best thing would be to go through the contents given at this site itself under various tabs above the page (e.g., myLot, earnings, messages). These contents are highly readable and crisp. If you have some specific question to ask, or a special help to seek, I can tell you that the myLot community is more than willing to oblige. For the time being I would suggest that you pay more attention to grammar. I would prefer to see, "I", instead of ,"i", if it is a pronoun. Once you are on your guard, things would be easier to appreciate and implement. All the best to you.
@rojane (500)
Hi there norstar. :) Actually, I know that it should be big letter "i" but I guess I'm just so lazy to press the shift key and I didn't know that myLot is also particular with the punctuation and with big & small letters. I thought that they are just considering the thoughts of the discussion. But thanks for your advice. I'll take it. As you can see, I am now using the correct capitals and punctuation even if I hate pressing the shift key. Hahaha.
• Janesville, Wisconsin
The main advice I have is to use the discussion search, for mylot tips and tricks, mylot advice, mylot discussions. There is loads of information on this topic you can find there about rates, and payment, and other things. It really is an awesome site. Another tip is to try to be as informative and creative as you can in each post. - DNatureofDTrain