Will you spend 26k for a watch!

@iszo07 (473)
Malaysia
I assume no one here is a millionaire :) So will you spend this much of money just for a watch? Your own watch. Not a gift to your love one. I heard about this in a radio. A guy bought a watch for 26k but lied to his wife saying it was a fake watch.
@cdparazo (5768)
I would because I had already made a gift to myself that cost 20K. It is good to have a watch that one can turn into an heirloom. I am actually planning to have one that is really very expensive that I can pass on to my daughters and that they can pass on to thier children too.
@iszo07 (473)
Wow. I guess you are very wealthy woman :) By the way, I like the idea. Buy something valuable then pass it to the generation. I may use your idea but only when I really really rich though :)
@cdparazo (5768)
I am definitely not rich but just one of many hardworking single moms out there. Why work so hard when you cannot buy the things that you want? Once a year I buy something really expensive for myself and my children. It is a reward for myself for working hard like a cow. Buying expensive watches and jewelries are also sort of an investment that you can use or liquidate when you are hard for cash. I had a necklace made especially for my sister years ago and its value more than doubled when she pawned it months ago. That necklace had helped her get the necessary cash many times already over the years. So buying and giving expensive things once in a while isnt really bad.
I definitely wouldn't. I rather like keeping what little money I do have. And even if I did spend that much money on a watch, I'd have to be honest with my partner. There's just no point in lying about buying a really expensive watch, especially when they'll probably find out about it eventually anyway, and that would just make the whole situation worse.
@iszo07 (473)
Yeah, I agree with you. It's just a waste of money. Except like one user point out, you buy it for the purpose of passing it through the generation. It will become something special though :)
@carryli (876)
I won't spend,evern if i have enough money,because it is luxurious to be a student,and i think it is not neccesary to buy such dear watch.I think many people won't do that.
@iszo07 (473)
Yeah. If I were a student, I definitely won't spend that kind of money for a single watch! I will buy a lot of books so I can gain more knowledge. (or maybe just consume it by enjoying with my friends :) )
@jogie_bien (1103)
i would not expense my money for only material thing.i work hard for my life to earn money and i would like to put importance of what i earned.