Beautiful, gorgeous, scenic places people go for sight-seeing, travel, and fun!

People love to travel America's Byways!!! Do you? - There are some really neat places for sight-seeing and beautiful scenery found along America's Byways. I'm sure there are gorgeous places in your country too.

Visit http://www.byways.org for the many places you can see.
Have you ever heard of America's Byways found at http://www.byways.org where there is no end to the places you can visit that are beautiful, gorgeous, and scenic? I would love to visit Niagara Falls in NY one day, or the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. Where have you traveled to, or would like to go if money was no object & you had time?
@derek_a (10902)
Two places I really loved, one was the Alhambra Palace in South of Spain. And the other was Mt. Teidi in Tenerife, where we climbed to the top and smelled the sulphur. The crater was around 5 miles across and the thought of that erupting was really awesome. It made me feel very small and insignificant. I know it's not the biggest volcano, so bigger ones must be even more incredible. I would like to seee Niagra Falls one day and perhaps have a hellicopter ride out into the Grand Canyon. I think I prefer the natural wonders rather than man-made ones.
Hmmm..the Grand Canyon. I forgot about that one for the moment, but absolutely I would like to go and see it. They have this cool new place where you can walk down a bridge that is jutting out over the gorge, and the neat thing is that the floor is made of glass and so are the sides, so I can just imagine how much you can see...kinda scary too! Whenever you wanna hit Niagara Falls, let's go, I'm ready!
@derek_a (10902)
Been ready for a while, just trying to find the time and money to make the trip.. :-)
Many of us are probably in the same boat trying to make ends meet. I am making the money both at a regular job and with my online endeavours so that I will have the time before I am too old to be able to enjoy all these places!
I will like to travel in places which are full of natural beauty. I also love to watch historical places and structures like pyramids, old casteles, palaces etc. I also want to visit a place where I have to go by ship, because I have no experience in going anywhere by ship. Have ever gone anywhere by ship?
Now I was very fortunate to be able to go on a Carnival cruise with my wife for our honeymoon 10 years ago. We flew down to Miami, Florida USA and then went to San Juan Puerto Rico, Nassau Bahamas, and St. Thomas Virgin Islands.
That's great!
i love those places too,i have ever seen many picture about Niagara Falls and Eiffel Tower.I really want to go there ,but i don't have enough money,i have time ,of course ,but money is limitted ,but if i have money ,New York is the first stop for my foreign trip.
Yes, New York is a great place to visit, so I hear. I would love to be able to go see the Statue of Liberty and go inside all the way up to the torch!
• Marion, Kansas
One of my favorite "big vacations" was to take my adult kids to San Diego and the surrounding area. They wanted to see where their dad and I had lived when we were first married. We found a KOA camp in Chula Vista that made it very reasonable. We went to the San Diego Zoo, and to the ocean a lot.We went to Sea World. We visited Balboa Park and some of the museums. We went further north, and my son even went to the newly opened Legoland. I love the great variety of plants that grow in that area. We also went down to Tijuana.
It sounds like you have been around the world and back, well at least you have traveled a good bit. Just want to pass along "Happy Mother's Day" wishes.
@KrisNY (7593)
I’ve been to Niagara Falls numerous times- I live approximately an hour and a half away- It is gorgeous! I think that we sometimes take for granted the beauty that is so close- (I mean those that live close). I’m planning a trip in the summer again for a long weekend- there is so much to look at and do! I prefer the Canadian side though- but visit both sides when visiting! I would love to go to Texas- No reason why- just thought it sounded fun- plus I want to see if there really is a lot of cowboys there- : ) Believe it or not- I have never been to NYC- and would love to take a trip there- just for the excitement! And Las Vegas! And travel the strip! There are numerous places I would love to go to in the states.
Speaking of living close to a great place, yet never actually visiting, where I live is very near Augusta GA and the home of The Masters golf tourney every April. I have not ever stepped my foot on that beautiful course though as I tend to avoid the crowds, traffic, and expense.
@kathy77 (7488)
Hi Runningman, No I have not been to America as yet but hopefully one day soon as I have many American relatives on my husband's side of the family. I have been to Papua New Guinea, Tonga, New Zealand overseas and I am hopefully going to visit England and especially the States probbly next year.
Hi Kathy, and I have never been out of America! Most people say I live a sheltered life as I have only been to about 5 states within the Southeastern USA, so I would love to go to Australia and some other great places. Let's all get rich on here haha so we can afford to go!
if i could afford it I would like to go visit the town i was brought up inin England just to see how it has changed over all these years !
@sigma77 (5385)
I much prefer the out of the way places and traveling the back roads. That is where the real treasures can be found. I stay away from the main attractions for the most part. You could spend a lifetime traveling in the US and Canada alone. There is no end to what you can see and discover.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I would travel all around the world if money isn't an issue. There are alot of things that I want to see out there.
It would be so fun to travel around the world, but yes, money is definitely an issue unless you are building a solid residual income online like me. I would travel to Hawaii, Australia, Disney World, and many other places, but online activites consume me.
With no obstacles like money or time I would want to go to Hawaii, Alaska, and Australia. Those choices would be followed by Egypt, Italy, France, and England. And since I am on a roll here I would add Spain, Turkey, Hong Kong, and Singapore. I guess you can tell I like to travel, I really would love to see all of these places but I think it would take a lot of time to do so.
The time and money can definitely be an obstacle, but if we had the money, then we would find the time to travel the world. Let's hurry up and figure out how to earn that extra dough so we can go (hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it). We retire when we are too old to enjoy the scenery, so why not let us figure out a way to retire now and go?!?
@KarenO52 (2951)
I've traveled along the canal path in Ohio. It is beautiful. I plan on traveling along Route 66 someday. I've always wanted to take a driving trip across the country.