It's that time of the month again..

@LittleMel (14060)
Yup it's that time of the month again! Feeling uncomfortable in certain parts of the body, up and down mood.. you name it :) My cat used to go through the same thing before she was spayed, lucky her ! Ladies, how long does your period last? Do you have it regularly? Mine always lasts 5 days or so, but sometimes doesn't arrive exactly the same time every month. I take longer break during this time of the month and avoid arguments no matter how small they are, or else I could end up hurting somebody's feelings unintentionally. How about you, how do you handle it? I don't want to take medication unless it's way too painful, right now I'm relying on chocolate cake and orange juice to keep me smiling :)
@lols189 (4798)
i dont have periods anymore and have not had one for the past 6 months. i have an injection in my arm every 3 months to stop me from having periods which is much better
@LittleMel (14060)
never heard of that before. you can get injection to stop periods? what's the side effect?
@lols189 (4798)
yes it is right it stops periods completley. there is no side effects to it which is good. the name of it is depo-preverva. you can ckeck if you have this injection over in your country
@LittleMel (14060)
oh my, thanks for the info. I was going to try it on holidays just in case there is side effect
Ugh, my periods have been awful, ever since I was about fourteen - I've had anemia on and off, and they tend to last anywhere between 6 to 13 days. I tend to get quite bad pains, too, but my doctor has given me a set of mefenamic tablets for the pain, as I'm allergic to ibuprofen, and they seem to do the job, but they tend to take a while to kick in, so until then, it's hot water bottles and chocolate eclairs, for me!
@LittleMel (14060)
13 days? wow that's long! Mine never lasts more than 6 days and since I am anemic (not as much now but used to be severe) I have to learn taking vitamins or supplements otherwise I won't have period for a month or two
@adidas7878 (2013)
i may not the feeling and the pain of the things, but i heard enough of it from my exs but hey you learn as you grow, good or bad
@LittleMel (14060)
lucky you, never have to go through it. how are you, friend? hope things are OK there
@suspenseful (40330)
It has been a long time since my last period. They stopped when I was about fifty-five or so. But I remember that I always felt bloated, as if I suddenly put on twenty pounds at one time. I never had pms around that time of month. I had pms all three hundred and sixty-five days of the year and when menopause came, no hot flashes, just floated through it like nothing. But when my periods were on, if someone had brought me a box of chocolates I would have eaten all of them in one sitting.
@LittleMel (14060)
someone told me that menopause is the opposite of period. so if my mood goes up and down like rollercoaster during my period, I will be as calm as deep water during menopause. now I know she is right because you experienced the same.