what colour combination is your home?

Singapore
Just curious on what colours you have in your home. Feel free to relate the colour scheme to your theme too. I'll start the ball rolling. My home's colour scheme is mainly black white and grey for the main areas of the living room (aka lounge, hall or sitting area) and the kitchen. The dining area is between the hall and kitchen so apart from a brownish black teak table, the colour scheme is pretty much the same. Mu sofa is grey and black, my curtains are dark (night) and light (day) grey, my console is black (top) and grey (drawers). TV is black. floor and walls are white. The rooms are slightly more varied. Master bedroom is cream/brown. Study is lavender-white and guest room is dark blue light blue. common bathroom is white and grey (floor tiles and one wall), master bathroom is black white and grey (again haha). Theme is 'fuss-free, clean lines, basic, simple, modern'.
@ahnah69 (141)
Our theme is Clean lines, Basic, simple modern and yet easy to maintain and clear. So our house stays with White, Apple Green, Darker green for feature wall. Earth tones for furniture. If you ever saw my RenoTalk blog before, you will know.
@ahnah69 (141)
Yah I agree.. lots of pages and seens like me too laggy. We seens lots of house from other source of magazine and seens like most of the people focus too much on design. look good only but forgotten about how to maintain and how easy to clean it up. End up they complain tired during housekeeping session. :)
@ahgong (10066)
My home colors borders on minimalist and modern. The whole house is painted in a simple white based color, with one wall in a bold color to reflect the mood of the room. Mostly earth tone and blues were selected for that one wall in the various rooms. My sofa is also earth toned (stone grey) to match the light colored wood (darker than pine) console and side table. TV is black, floors is a light sand brown color. My kitchen walls are all tiled, and original color provided by HDB is pale marble yellow. My color combination in the kitchen is mostly ash colors with a dark floor. Coupled with the stainless steel backing, chimney and hob, the combination give a cozy and timeless feel.
wow - the last part your write-up sounds like it can be part of a magazine. For your rooms with one wall coloured, do you arrange your furniture so that the person in the room tends to face that wall? For instance, in your study, when you sit at your desk, is the wall at the side or do you face it? I think I spent the most time designing the kitchen. My kitchen is quite spacious, so there were many permutations for cabinets. In the end, we decided not to have an island since that would restrict us. If we wanted more cooking preparation space, we could put a table in, and then fold if when not needed. When you say your console and side table are in colours darker than pine, I'm guessing pine refers to the Ikea light wood colour right? Almost a sandy colour. So yours would be like Beech colour? Definitely not mahagony (reddish brown) or teak (dark brown) right? In our home, all the wood is dark. We went for black-brown when we couldn't find black. Figured that would match into our grey black and white scheme better. Anything too brown would kinda stick out.
@miryam (6510)
In my house 2 colour win: black and blue.......but cook are gray clair..badroom black whit more mirror, and so black drawing-room..........
thanks for responding. seems like quite a modern blacked based colour scheme. wanted to put mirrors in bedroom to make it look bigger, then dissuaded by relatives who said it might give us a shock when we wake up at night! haha.
@ahgong (10066)
yep yep yep... used light colors to give a more spacious feel to the room. My wife wanted all white, and I wanted all strong color for each room. So we came to a compromise, and I get to select one wall for a strong color to be the focus of the room. I am glad we did. The overall effect was a very spacious feel with one "feature" wall for each room to set the mood! During our renovation, we managed to haggle a good price, so decided to spurge on the console. Beech was the word I was looking for... it was at the tip of my tongue, just couldn't get it out. 8p The main color in the market for furniture today is walnut and black colors, so we had a hard time searching for a light colored console. Finally saw one in courts, and was extremely happy to get the console during their sale! As for my painting scheme, well, I try to make it in such a way that when you walk into the room, the wall with the strong color is the first thing you will notice! heh heh... so for the living, it is where the TV console is, for the master it is where the bed head is... etc Hmm... using a foldable table as a makeshift island is a good idea. I have not thought of that before. Good that you have a spacious kitchen. I had a headache designing the layout of my kitchen. It was triangular in shape, so had limited places for the cabinets. In the end, we just lined the whole wall with cabinets, else there would not be enough work top.