Are you writing a book, article or want to?

write! - hand
@Bee1955 (3885)
I am in the middle of a book about my immigrant Italian family from the late 19th century when they came to this country on my father's side. Then adding my mid-20th century immigrant mother's family from Turkey. Allah Alone Knows when it will be finished. Its been a long time coming (10 years accumilating the stories). What subject are you writing about? Will you publish it or keep it in the family?
@Sherry12 (2475)
i've been gathering information on my grandmother and have started a novel about her. She had such an intersting life. I'm making it a novel, instead of a true story, because they are some things that I don't know and haven't been able to find out, so I'm going to have to make up some of it.
good luck, sherry. i love grandmothers. they are very caring and loving to their grandchildren. i can always recall my grandmother who is so loving in so many ways. your grandmother must be just you will treasure so much. so much so that, you are writing a novel in her memory.
@camar_lyn (1028)
I have a collection of children math related books that i have yet to publish. 15 of them in all. It's been sitting and gathering dust for the past 5 years. I still need a photographer for it before i can get anyone to publish it. The books include number concepts, history of numbers (arabic, greek, roman, etc), pairs, measurements, algebra, etc... Since the arrival of my 2 boys, now aged 3 and 5, i have had no time to photograph the things that i want. It is a challenge to get things done a particular way. I hope to publish it one day. The ideal was to have them published before my children turns 3 as that is the target age for my books. Then again, Allah knows best. Maybe i'll publish it for my grandchildren! - Lyn
@Bee1955 (3885)
Sister, elhumdillallah what a wonderful concept! Surely Allah Knew why He chose you to make these books! Inshallah share them with the world as soon as possible! Good luck!
@camar_lyn (1028)
Thank you Sister for the best response. I really do appreciate it. May you be blessed with all the finest things Allah has to offer. - Lyn
I was writing an e-book. Although I haven't written since and I doubt I will for awhile. I would love to finish it and allow people to download it for free but sadly this doesn't look as if it will happen. ~Joey
i think writing a diary is like wriing a book, about your life. i have this diary that i used to write all of the things that are happening to me everyday.
@craftwave (1338)
Your project sounds interesting. I have actually thought about doing this with a side of my husbands family. I'm into geneology and have found that family history is very interesting.
good luck in your undertaking. that book will surely take some time to complete and get published. there will be so much research work which must be done in line with it. i used to write, too. i kept them all to myself except for those items for the school paper then.
@EvanHunter (4028)
I have wrote a few short stories for my kids. I have never had the gutts to send them in to see if they were actually worth getting published. I wrote a story in my english 110 class when I was in college about a professor who used a pen to kill his students to get their writing abilities everyone really liked it, I dont think my professor liked it to much thou...lol.