Help! The cd player has eaten hubby's cd

I have a problem that I can't find an answer to and really could use some assistance. I loaded one of hubbys cds in our stereo (with 5 cd changer) and now it won't play & I can't get it to eject. I don't know what happened to make it not play or even read the cd but the display shows CD 0 even when I try to get another cd tray to load. It was working fine on the last cd, so hubby swears I hit the wrong button, but all I did was load it, then nothing but the error, grrrr. Anyone have this happen before? It's out of warranty now, wouldn't you know, but I can't even find the right search combo to find a good solution on google and I'm starting to get frustrated. Hubby's threatening the darned thing with a hammer now. He really wants his cd back and he's not really a very patient person. Please give me a suggestion on what to try next. :(
@hoghoney (3749)
hey paid, I am not very good at these things either but did you maybe try to unplug it for a few and the back in maybe that would reset it and might work, other then that I not sure what to do but it has happened to me before and Im with your hubby Ive got thte hammer,lol. good luck on getting it out. sorry I could not be of more help
LOL, sounds like what they always try telling me for modem probs. I did think of that, but haven't tried it yet cause I didn't know if that would only apply to modems and dvd players or not. Guess it wouldn't hurt though, right?
@hoghoney (3749)
well good luck but I still got the hammer
Ok, that didn't work either, but thanks for the suggestion. At least I don't have to wonder if that's the only holdup now. ;)
@rekhum (2434)
LOL. I hope by now you must have got some good assistance from the user who you'd marked as best response.I hope too he(your hubby) has his CD back.If i was in his/her or your place ,that would had been the only way i could have done to have the disc ejected out of the player,after loosening the screws and removing the top. But i wonder why some guys just think of nothing but smashing up stuffs with hammer or any heaviest objects lying about when they could use some handy screw drivers especially on these electronic gadgetries or crockeries. They must know women aren't that good at screwing and driving.lol. Hey no sarcasm intended here.You have a great day.