Optical mouse or wireless mouse?

@Abbyey (760)
Which is better and more durable? Having an optical mouse wired to your PC (usb connection) or the latest Wireless mouse. Which do you think is better? Right now i have my optical mouse but im thinking of switching to a wireless. But i want to ask if thats a good idea or should i just be satisfied with my present mouse?
@lucky_witch (2711)
Both of them has it's own disadvantages, durability will depend on the which brand of mouse you prefer to use. wireless mouse is a technology today, right now i think it it's still on it's testing period even if wireless mouse technology functions well on some pc's time will come that the wireless mouse technology will be more stable and much more easy to use. the only advantage i see on a wireless mouse is of course being rid of the wire. the disadvantages are they are more often heavier than a wired mice, because they carry a heavy radio transmitter and they have a power supply onboard that has to be recharge every now and then. i suggest you to use your present mouse because it is more easy to use but functions well the same as using a wireless mouse. So for me, I still prefer the optical mouse. No need for recharge or battery. The only difference is the "wire". :D
@Adamdog (254)
Heh, the "wire" which easily tangles up in your feet because it is a long one :P But, I would rather let it tangle up than buying new batteries in 2 week intervals.
I know that the wireless mouse can have it's advantages and disadvantages. Look over the frequency that it transmits on. Very often these days there are lots of different things in your house that can interfere, or that the mouse may screw up. For instance, you've got a laptop, perhaps security cameras, wireless speakers, and wireless telephones. All of them transmit, and many of them do so on very similar frequencies. Though manufacturers are starting to understand that they must utilize differing frequencies to assure you good service, the change is slow. What I'd like to see is phones in one range, computers in another, audio systems and cameras in a frequency range of their own. Sort of similar to how radio stations are monitored and frequencies maintained by law. Yep, I think we'll see that in the near future. Anywho - the optical mouse I used to use would always have problems if I had anything on my desk - so I had to put it away. I'm back to using the old plug-in-mouse, and I haven't had any trouble since. :)
i use optical mouse.,... i think it will be the best....
For me, optical mouse is the best ! Although I haven't tried wireless ones, I've experienced problems with it elsewhere. And optical mouse lasts for a longer time.. one can be sure of that. :)