Are you into collecting coins?

@dawnrm69 (1174)
I have a few that I have put back a few old ones and I have a few of the State Quarters that I have put back as well. I whish that some of these old coins I have was worth some money right now. SO what about you?
@Fishmomma (11524)
I collect state quarters and have been since the program started in 1999. I'm having trouble getting quarters from 2007. How are you doing getting 2007 quarters?
@dawnrm69 (1174)
Have not seen one yet. Let me know when you and I will let you know when I do
@emarie (5455)
i started collecting some coins. i knew my grandfather did that when he was alive and when i was younger, my grandmother gave me some coins he had. they weren't that much but she had split them up between me and my 2 sisters. so now i've been collecting, not for me, but for my kids and grandkids hoping they'll pass it down and one day they might be worth something. i have the state quarters. i have the map for it and i'm trying to collect them all. i've also saved the bi-centenial coin (the drummer boy one) i have a 1/2 dollor and i've gotten the golden dollors as well as a few very crisp $2 bills. now i heard there's a new gold dollor as well as all those new nickles out there...so there's a lot to get. i know they're not going to be worth much now...but latter on...hopfully it'll pay off.
@dawnrm69 (1174)
Hopefully they will pay off but I dont know we may just be able to show them and prove they once exist. I did have the map wher I was putting my quarters in but along with some other things it got stolen so I have had to start over gain. THat goes for alot of my old coins too but I have been able to come across a few more and I have them put a way.
@webeishere (36355)
My wife and I are avid coin collectors. And bills as well. We have both the "P" and "D" sets of State quarters in a display box. I go to auctions and buy a lot of old coins there also. The grandsons will have plenty for their college education I'm sure. Some samples of what we have follows...1918 Liberty Dollar. Various Silver dimes pre 1960's. Many many mamny wheat pennies. Maybe 50 Silver Certificate Dollar Bills. 2 Gold Certificate 10 Dollar Bills. A few % dollar bills that are also Silver & Gold Certificates. And many more. We also have a vast array of foriegn currency. Some from Australia, India, Poland, Portugal, Iraq, Egypt to name a few. The wife has foriegn customers that give her these as they know we save it. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@dawnrm69 (1174)
THat sounds good you got alot of them and I hope you get what you want for them when the times comes to cashing them in where ever that is. Have a goodone
@webeishere (36355)
Not going to cash them in. they will be our daughters when we pass away for the grandsosn education. HAPPY POSTINHGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@aprilgrl (4460)
when I was younger I did and I still have some of them somewhere in the attic or in the chest.
@stephcjh (32328)
I am into collecting coinc just a little bit. I have a few of them that I have saved over the years, but they are not worth anything right now. My dad saved alot of coins also over the years and when he passed away, he left them for me and my other sisters to split up. My mom has them right now and I think when she passes on, she will have them divided between all four of us girls. I'm not really sure. I don't know what any of them are worth either.
yes, i am into collecting coins that are already out of circulation. the first ones that i had collected should have been worth a fotune by now but, i lost them to siblings who had been dipping their fingers into it when, they found where i hid them. now, i have collected the more recent ones and these of course, are of not much value yet as fo date.
@oldboy46 (2132)
Well, I have a large number of coins from various countries. Some of them I collected when I was overseas during the time that I was in the military. Then I added to that lot because my nephew has been travelling overseas for a numnber of years and he sent a whole pile of coins back from many countries. If he had any doubles, then he would give them to me. On top of that I have been collecting Australian coins, special event ones mainly, for many years. There are several of each lot, when I can get them that is, and they are for the first child born to each of my children and step-children. I doubt that they will ever be worth anything, but at least they will be able to see what coins were once like.
@magica (3710)
• Bulgaria
I collected as a child.The numismatic has been allways interesting to me. I just have some coins at home who are with numismatic value. But this is expensive hobby indeed.
@wolves69 (756)
I started collecting when I was 8 years old. I used to drive the parents nuts going through all the pennies looking for wheat back cents or anything else that was strange. I attended my first coin show at 11. My interests varied over time. When I was younger, I refused any and all foreign coins, but when a dealer who wanted to sell everything made an offer I couldn't refuse, I brought home about 100 pounds of foreign material. This drove my Dad up the wall! LOL, but once we were going through to see what was included, we really got into collecting older coins. When I went overseas, I got hooked on Roman and Byzantium coins. Initially, my reference books were more valuable then the coins, but I was having fun. 10 years later, I'm still cleaning them up (making them identifiable). My daughters get a kick with the designs and techniques. As for the State Quarters, I collect them, but I don't have access to them, so I'm missing a bunch. My dad still saves them, so one day I'll have to see what he put on the side. Until then, I'm back into the studying mode....
I have collected wheat pennies, old silver coins and such. My youngest son is really getting into collecting old coins. He searches Ebay and wants to go to flea markets this summer to search for the coins that are the rarest to add to his collection. I keep my eyes peeled for coins that I believe will be of interest to him.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I used to one time but I haven't collected much lately. I guess I just grew out of that somehow.