Happy Mother's Day Poem

Mother's Day Vase with a Rose - rose for all the Mother's
Now I lay me down to sleep I pray my sanity to keep For if some peace I do not find I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind I pray I find a little quiet Far from the daily family riot May I lie back--not have to think About what they're stuffing down the sink Or who they're with, or where they're at And what they're doing to the cat I pray for time all to myself (did something just fall off a shelf?) To cuddle in my nice, soft bed (Oh no, another goldfish dead!) Some silent moments for goodness sake (Did I just hear a window break?) And that I need not cook or clean (well heck, I've got the right to dream) Yes now I lay me down to sleep I pray my wits about me keep But as I look around I know I must have lost them long ago!Happy Mother's Day to All!! Hope you all have a wonderful day today! So far mine has started out with screaming kids....lol
@terri0824 (4991)
I really like this poem that you shared. It is so very true. I think Mother's Day should be everyday! So Happy Belated Mother's Day!
Thanks! Happy Belated Mother's Day to you too!
@nelly5 (1425)
Boy this is so true. I love this poem, it points out all that we mothers go through, sometimes all in one day. Did you write this poem? It is good, thanks for sharing it with us and I hope you had a great mothers day!!
No I didn't write it, I received it in email several years ago and had made a web page of it. Thought it would be neat to share with all the mother's. My day went ok...listened to screaming kids, played on pogo, had a bbq rib cookout with all the trimmings, listened to more screaming kids....lol spent time with my mom as we have a traditional cookout for mother's day, then back to pogo for me after the kids went to bed! Hope you had a great mother's day!