What does the word "homeland" mean to you?

@LittleMel (14059)
Does it remind you of the country you were born in? What if you were born in a certain country but raised somewhere else, which country would you call "homeland"? Maybe you just go with whatever country written in your passport or national ID since you live there and your family is there too? tell me what you think
@lols189 (4798)
i class homeland as the country and city i was born in
@LittleMel (14059)
same with me
@adidas7878 (2013)
i always though homeland is where home is, you can call where your homeland is. if you live in the us and call it homeland because that is where your home is at, i believe that is your homeland.
@LittleMel (14059)
basically just where you reside, your address
@luzamper (1360)
Homeland is the native land. I think it could not always be the place where one was born because if a person was born while the mother was traveling, the place should not automatically be the homeland. I think homeland should be the place where the person grew where he would return even if he goes on traveling and living in other places.
@LittleMel (14059)
I see what you mean. A person can travel to faraway places, but will only return to one place as homeland
@polachicago (19143)
My homeland is always the place I was born. My homeland is also the place where I live and where my house is. People who know two different worlds are always confused.... Probably my favorite is sea shore in Poland...the place that I was born...:)))
@LittleMel (14059)
It seems that which ever place we settle in, we can call it homeland. I agree with you, I feel this way too, but I know I can't say to other people that Canada is my homeland since they know I wasn't born here :)
The word reminds me of Scotland. I lived there for the first thirteen years of my life and every time i go back and hear the Scottish accent it feels like home. I don't have to be afraid that people won't understand me!
@LittleMel (14059)
I can't tell the difference between Irish and Scottish accents. I have to ask my husband which one is which :) I see that you are studying photography. If you have a blog or site that displays your work, I'd like to link with you if it's OK. My blog URL is in my profile.