Ugly dish

@jillhill (37383)
Many years ago my sister attended a ceramic's class. She made a very ugly dish that is bright yellow with splashes of olive green and orange. It was intended to be a Mother's day gift to our mother who actually cherished the dish. My mother passed first and several years later my dad passed away. When we cleaned out his house for the last time, we found the ugly dish. My sister was shocked that it still existed and immediately wanted it discarded. So I pretended to throw it in the garbage. Two years later I wrapped it up and put it under her Christmas tree from Sants. When she opened the package......well "where the "blank" did this come from!" Everyone was hysterical! Now when you are the hostess of a family event you are likely to get the ugly dish. Each time it's passed it is filled with something different from burnt popcorn to soap. Do any of your family's have an ugly dish or something you pass from one to another?
@sherrir101 (3670)
This made me smile. My sister and I pass 'sister' gifts back and forth between each other. Not all of them are ugly. This past Christmas I gave her a nice 'sister' coffee cup and this past March she gave it back to me with dirt and seeds in it for wildflowers. We are always on the lookout for 'sister' gifts.
@jillhill (37383)
Aren't we lucky that we can do this with members of our family! Sounds like a fun "sister" thing to do. We also have a whiny award we pass along! It's so much fun. Thanks for your reply.