How often do you get your hair cut?

My hair is getting so long. I need to get it cut and colored. I have waited about 2 months this time. It drives me nuts when I need to get it done. I also need to get my eyebrows waxed. This just drives me nuts as I feel like everyone looks at me when my eyebrows are growning out. I am thinking of going short with my hair. I have never had short hair, but my hair is really thick. I have a big face, big cheeks. Would you all go from long hair to short hair? I know it will grow back out and I am scared, but wondered what you would do?
@wdiong (1818)
The last time I got my hair cut was about three months ago. I have long hair and it is rather thick and I am thinking of rebonding it to layer and straighten it so that it does not look so 'bushy' but the thought of spending 5 hours in the salon really puts me off. I know I need to have it done soon or else I'll look real untidy.
@wahmoftwo (1298)
I get mine cut every two or three months. I like my hair short with a few layers. I have big cheeks when I smile too. Talk to the stylist about what will work best for you :) Good luck!
@nicolecab (923)
i usually only cut mine once a year!! i always cut it really short at the begining of the summer and let it grow back out and by winter it is right below my sholders and just let it grow through winter so it is long then but as soon as summer rolls back around off with it!!! If you really trust your hair stylest find a pic of how you want to cut your hair and ask her if it will work on you. I have very thick hair and i will ask my stylest if this cut will work on me and if it wont she will tell me no but find other styles that are simular that will work. My advice if you are unsure leave a little length to it and see how you like it if you do then go back in a month or two and get it even shorter!!
@reachravi (453)
well my hair is growing for the past 4 months i want to make it long..i also want to get it straightened and colored...but my hair is still short...:-( and is not very long for straightened its growing from the back and becoming bushier...i have to get it cut from the back...but front is still growing...so i am happy..
@sunita64 (6474)
I love long hairs so I prefer not to cut my hairs as I feel they will be shortened if I will cut them. But when lots of people start saying that they are getting uneven then only I go and trim them, that is an event which takes place once in five years.
@kelly60 (4550)
My hair has been long most of my life, but I usually get a little cut off every year. This year I am getting more than a little cut off. I am planning on getting my hair cut short for the first time since I was a kid, and donating my hair to Locks of Love. You can read more about it in my discussion if you are interested: http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/865519.aspx