Did you know? Strawberry Quick?

I read a disturbing story in my morning paper. The article warns area residents that officials are beginning to see 'Strawberry Quick,' in our community. This is a new twist to an old drug. It is methamphetamine with strawberry flavoring and coloring added. They said that it looks like the name brand candy, 'Pop Rocks.' We are to reemphasize to our children the importance of not taking candy from people they do not know or trust. Methamphetamine is also known as 'speed,' 'crank,' and 'zip.' It is a powerful nervous system stimulant. Did you know about the Strawberry Quick? Has it gotten to your area of the country?
@soccermom (3200)
I have never heard of this! But I thank you for passing it on, a parent can never be too informed. Who thinks of this crazy stuff? It just shows what desperate lenghts dealers are willing to go to to get their product out there.
Yes, it is so frightning. They discovered folks in our area trying to give it to junior high students. (6th-8th grade)
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I did get an email about it but have heard nothing about it being seen around here, but I am keeping my eyes and ears open.
@meljessxena (2317)
i think they call it quick, i have tasted it, but i havent had it for awhile, but i never heard of that stuff being in it. thats really scarey actually, so many people i know actually have it.
@aniez0906 (264)
no... i never get that in my area. Strawberry quick? what is that...? i am a pharmacist but i never know that. may be it's some of colaboration af natural and chemical medicine? i think may be...! but, who can increase that product to get greater idea to promote health quality?
Oh wow, I'd never even heard of this before, but it sounds frightening that it's so easy to cover up what something really is by making it look like Candy. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out, and be telling my children what I've told them countless times - not to take ANYTHING from someone they don't know, no matter what that person says to them. It's things like this that play a huge part in me not letting my children stray away from the apartment grounds, even with their friends. They know it's wrong to do that and they've been very good at following the rules and guidelines set down by myself and my partner. I don't think it can harm anything to reemphasize that.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
Gee, I never heard of such a thing! How positively scary! I will tell my daughter about it so we can reinforce the 'no candy from strangers' together. Right now my grandson is too young to go to school, but it is a good thing for parents/grandparents to be aware of even while shopping, etc. Thanks for passing on this most important piece of information to us all!
@howard96h (11659)
• New York, New York
Great post, thanks for passing this along. I hope it saves some children.
I don't know if it's around here or not. God, I hope not! I learned about it in school. Bad stuff, as effects, such as shaking, may never go away....
Stewberry Quick? Never heard of it. We have milk shake formula inside a candy stick that you can use in normal milk, simple way of getting kids to have it. ~Joey