Feeling comfortable in mylot

@LittleMel (14059)
I feel more comfortable being a member here now although I don't spend much time here on weekdays. Now I start posting more topics and I feel like I can trust some friends I have here, it feels like I also know them in real life. How about you? How long has it been since you signed up? Do you feel comfortable right away or does it take you some time like I do? I started here last January and it took me 3 to 4 months to feel this way.
@speakeasy (4215)
I have been here since last December and I obviously spend even less time here than you do. As far as feeling comfortable here, it takes me a few weeks to learn the ins and outs and then I am comfortable until the site upsets the "status quo" with new changes. Then I am uncomfortable again, until I figure out the new changes in a day or two.
@LittleMel (14059)
I remember the changes and also some discussions where the posters said they would leave because mylot changed. I can't say that some changes are good, but people here are so open about it I don't feel like I'm left alone and this helps me go through the changes
@arcidy (5017)
after a few weeks of being here I feel pretty comfortible here even though this forum is a lot different from the other forums im part of so im still learning the curves here and how everything here works.
@LittleMel (14059)
you're right I joined other forums before and this is the only one paying so it's not a scam plus now I'm more comfortable with people here. good luck and happy posting
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
Hi LittleMel. I joined 3 months ago and I settled in fairly quickly, I was quite surprised. I think the reason was that I made some friends pretty in my first couple of weeks, and I feel like I know some of them personally now. I look forward to their discussions, and to their responses to my discussions. A few particular ones have become part of my everyday life, and I even tell my hubby what's been happening with them! I come on here every day, I love it mainly for the social side - the money side of it is just happens to be a bonus.
@LittleMel (14059)
That's true the money here can't pay your mortgage or something, but on the other hand I feel like my other burdens can be shared here and now I feel more comfortable to do so
@healer (1784)
I have joined here to earn some money, but later on i found out that it was not only money that we gain here but all our problems get solved here. Everytime i log in i learn or know something that i have been longing to know or learn. If you have any problems just post it here and get your problems solved. Its nice to have friends here whom you can trust even if we haven't seen or are going to meet.
@LittleMel (14059)
Thank you, you are right. I am afraid at first to open up and share my problems due to bad experiences in the past but I've seen that people here do that without fear so I'll try to do that too
@huilee (1010)
hmm, im new here... but i think it feels pretty fine... =)
@LittleMel (14059)
welcome aboard! good to know you feel that way, happy posting
@huilee (1010)
thank u! =)
i am a newbie here ,and i really don't know whether it is right or not to be here ,whether it will be another skin game or not .But since i'v read so many comments from my friends here ,what i see is all the approval of this lot. Besides ,i also feel a little free and comfortable here too. hope you ,my other friends ,me can enjoy more here ,and have a nice time. thank you .
@LittleMel (14059)
welcome aboard. you're the 3rd newbie dropped by. this is great. more and more new members for mylot community. happy posting and enjoy making friends
I hope i will,thank you ,my friend. May God bless you .
I am comfortable here too..I don't spend as much time here..I think other things sometimes occupy my mind..Mylot is a great place .wonderful winding down stop:)
@LittleMel (14059)
lately I haven't had time to spend here either. spring and summer are busier times in my life. fall and winter I'll be here more often
@lols189 (4798)
i also signed up to mylot in January this year and i started to feel comfortable after 2 months off participating on here everyday
@LittleMel (14059)
hey welcome back. haven't seen you for a while
@sonone (269)
It had taken me 1 month. In the first i thought to throw a pebble whether this works to earn money here not. This i hardly be online here on MyLot. When i saw my earnings were ascending. Then i thought to spend a little time here. In the second month, i almost spend time here instead of Y! Answers. And i'm not bothering the money here but making friends and sharing knowledge!. This place rocks!!! thnx 4 da topic. -Nitin
@LittleMel (14059)
yea mylot rocks :) on YA I used to read instead of being active sometimes. They do have funny questions and answers, but if you really need help and feel friend support, a community is better to join
@joice86 (1079)
Yes, I do feel good here in myLot. MyLot makes me happy every time someone answers to the discussions I have started and when someone appreciates what I am thinking. Mylot is just a good way to express what you feels and for that I am happy to be here in myLot.
@LittleMel (14059)
thats good to know
@mari123 (1862)
i started here last month,idon't spend much time to post discussion in mylot,i am just to take 2 hours a day in here,i felt very good and comfortable with mylot,and got many frineds in here.though i post 30 responses per day,and earning for $0.4 a day.the money is not the frist thing in mylot,the most important i think is a happiness time with my mylot friends.
@LittleMel (14059)
you're right. mylot pays even though it's only pocket money, but better than scam sites where you spent time and money yet receive nothing in return. by the way 30 responses a day is a lot. good for you!
@polachicago (19143)
I think that I feel like I know many people on mylot and I try to discuss things mostly with my favorite friends.... It always takes some time...I need to know people better...and I feel like I do know people better now..
@LittleMel (14059)
glad you feel the same, pola. I think it's time for me to open up. I've been here for 4 months so it's time to overcome my fear due to bad experiences in the past. mylot has changed, but some friends here haven't and I feel that I can trust them more now
@jiang221 (38)
I come to here only two days, have few friends.I feel happy discuss with people all over the world. I am chinese, from beijing.
@LittleMel (14059)
welcome aboard to you too! Glad to see 2 new members dropped by! keep posting and make friends, good luck!
@beauty_ph (2752)
I just signed up about 2 days ago. A friend had been recommending this site to me. I know she was sincere when she reported this site about more than 3 months now. I was so busy with my masters that I was not able to sign up the soonest time. I hope I can stay longer and enjoy mylot!
@LittleMel (14059)
welcome aboard mylot. your friend is right. keep posting and make new friends !
lately i havent had time to resond to all of my friends discussions because i work full time and i was in some college classes that are now over for the summer yay! i feel like i dont particiae enough, because my rating right now is only at 260 and ive been a member for almost 4 months now but some people on here have over 1000 and they have been here for 3 or 4 weeks! maybe those few people are the ones who are on here for more than 5 hours a day. i am at the most on here for an hour.
@LittleMel (14059)
Your post count is surely low for someone who has been here for 4 months like me. But sometimes it's just a matter of typing speed. A few months back there was a discussion where someone typed over 100 responses in 8 hrs, this means over 10 responses in an hr. If you could do this, your post count wouldn't be low. In my case I'm not a fast typer, and I'm only here 3 hrs a day on and off to make 10 responses and a few topics.
@golfproo (1841)
Hi, I have basically just started on the site and must say I really am enjoying it so far. I still need to get the hang of everything though. I have started to build up somewhat of a friend base (2 lol). It is nice to do that as you begin to get to know who you are responding to better and feel more willing to respond. All in all so far so good :)
@LittleMel (14059)
welcome aboard mylot. yes of course like in real life you have to build trust and friendship. it took me this long to start trusting some friends and then involve myself more good luck and happy posting for you
I have been here four months and it doesn't seem like it. It took me a couple of days to get the hang of this site. But then I became very comfortable with it. I come here everyday and spend some time here. I like to read the posts and for the most part they are very interesting. This is a good discussion here. I will have to say that I am more than comfortable now. I am addicted to this site.
@LittleMel (14059)
thanks! a couple of days is really quick for a person to adapt to a new place. for sure by now you feel more than just comfortable :)