Camping: What would you be devastated without?

@breepeace (3027)
This weekend is a long weekend here in most parts of Canada, Victoria Day is Monday, and typically most people take the time to enjoy the great outdoors during this weekend. My boyfriend and I are heading out to a campground (not entirely sure where yet) with our tent sleeping bags and other assorted camping gear. I'm going to have to start hauling stuff out of storage as soon as we know where we're going so I don't forget anything (I'm incredibly forgetful when I'm excited) so I know I have to bring my tent, sleeping bag, a towel, a big bottle of water, a package or two of hotdogs and buns, my pillow and a warm blanket (it still gets close to freezing at night here), and I'd probably be fine if I forgot anything else. What missing items would make or break your camping trip and why? Do you pack light when camping?
@PsychoDude (2018)
• Netherlands
Bring a pan, bring matches/lighter, bring a flashlight. So far those are just a couple of minimal items missing out on your list, also a can opener possibly for the hot dogs if they come in cans :P. It are just those sort of items you don't want to forget, especially not if you'd go camp somewhere truly outdoors ;). Also, if you don't go camping on a camping but really outdoors, take a mobile phone or other form of communication along just in case.
@breepeace (3027)
No No.. I was asking you. :) I'm a veteran camper and born and bred farm girl so I know what I can get by with.. I've slept in the dirt beside my horse before on cattle drives. :) I do prefer my creature comforts though. Hotdogs here don't come in cans, and I'm a smoker so I always have a lighter and smokes on me. :)
@lightningMD (5932)
I'd be upset if I forgot my toothbrush. I have a coleman lantern but I dont often light it. I also have a mini-maglite in my ditty bag. We no longer tent camp.We bought a camper so I guess what would ruin our trips is if we forgot the stuff for smores. Enjoy your camping trip.
@KarenO52 (2951)
I have to have marshmallows. Campfires aren't the same without them. I can eat half a bag by myself. When I go camping, my husband takes the van, and we fill it up with all kinds of extra stuff just in case. The last time we went, we had a microwave, satellite radio, and a laptop with wireless internet connection. That's probably a bit much, but I did enjoy the satellite radio.
other than bug spray and sun screen the only thign that can ruin a camping trip is no matches for fire but there are alwasy lots of ppl who do have them. As for me nothing can ruin camping it is the greatest way to spend tiem.
Dear Breepeace, I love nature and camping - I did camping all my life in tent just like you describe. BUT now I miss the most a hot shower at the end of the day...lol!!! I love grilling in the open and all but while I can spend the whole day in the open I need my comforts at night -;) see what old age will do to you??! Enjoy your trip! PS - When camping if I do forget something I simply make do - nothing upsets my trip!