Young Girls Wearing Provocative Clothing

In recent years I have noticed that young girls (8-12 years old) are wearing clothing entirely inappropriate for their age (i.e. thongs hanging out of their jeans, and very low-cut shirts). What ever happened to kids being kids instead of little mini-Paris Hiltons? What's your opinion on this? Also, if you have a young daughter that is dressing like that, what are your reasons for allowing her to do so?
@Destiny007 (5820)
The parents are to blame for this problem. They don't care enough to make sure their kids dress appropriately. The kids think that just because they see people dressing that way on TV that it is the way to dress and it isn't. Then their friends do it and they want to also, and the parents don't have the skills to say no.
I agree that the media is contributing to this issue along with peer pressure. I feel that it is sad that kids can't be kids anymore.
@mfpsassy (2827)
Children copy what they see and if their parents aren't brave enough to stand up to their kids or bother to take the time and tell them that they feel their kids are wearing inappropiate clothing then kids will dress how ever they want to. Welcome to Mylot Serenedragon
I agree especially on the comment of parents not taking the time to actually "parent" their children. Thanks for the welcome.
@molusk (857)
The present trend of fashion todayI think is likely the most telling reason why the younger generation tend to dress that way. Anywhere you go now especially at malls, you can see girls as young as nine years old wearing skimpy clothings like those worn by sexy ramp models. These young girls tend to ape these fashion models like they are matured and grown ups already. I must say that parents permit their young girls to dress this way primarily because of fashion trends.