I need prayers from my family here...

@cjsmom (1423)
My grown son, Michael, had his first child in January (my first grandchild). He was diagnosed with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) when he became an young adult but he is a very good man and tries so hard to be responsible. He and the mother are not married but when his little daughter was born he did everything; change diapers, bathe, dress, etc. He did so because he's so in love with that precious baby. Anyway, his girlfriend has some sort of disorder as well but much worse. He keeps asking her to marry him and she refuses (her family hates his guts; don't know why, he's not done anything at any time to hurt her or them). He moved in to her apartment and tried his best to become a family but all of a sudden her family is suing him for 100% custody and even put a restraining order on him so that he can't even see his daughter. The support hearing is in a week or so and I'm so scared. He's more able minded to take care of Makayla Marie than his girlfriend but I'm afraid that her family will win. Please, all my friends...Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts throughout the next few weeks and I'll keep you informed. Thank you so much.
@Debs_place (10526)
Why do people have to do that? Your son is trying to be a responsible father and I guess one reason the girl friends parents have for disliking him is that he impregnated their daughter. And no matter what the truth is, they will believe what they want. I wish you the best, I hope you were able to get some lawyers to help with the case, and he get's at least joint custody.
@cjsmom (1423)
Thank you, Deb. Michael's dad has a few lawyers working on the situation and I pray that they'll resolve it amicably for everyone concerned; especially since I've not even seen my grandbaby yet and would love to be in her life.
@rainbow (6763)
Oh my darling, life can be so cruel. I hope thing turn out ok for you all. I'm here if you want to talk about it all. I'll ask the Angels to watch over you and help you all at this difficult time.
@cjsmom (1423)
You are to kind. Thank you so much. I'm such a blessed woman to have so many caring friends.
@rainbow (6763)
all the love that you pass out to your friends comes back to you eventually! I hope there's an esy and happy solution for you all!
Rainbow, I love your flying bird logo. I am a newbie in the net. Is there any website where I can learn how to change my avatar? God bless for helping an old woman like me.
@byfaithonly (10716)
Oh dear this is horrible - I'm so tired right now I can barely keep my eyes open but am going to pray on this first... I don't see how the other grandparents can win - he's done nothing to determine him an 'unfit parent' and that's about the only time I've heard of them doing this. I don't see that his ADD should have any effect on it. If anything it sounds like possibly he should get custody... Ok, I could go on and on with this topic, but will get back with you tomorrow.... Dear Heavenly Father - you know the situation here and I come to You asking for your help. This child needs two parents please protect this precious gift you have given to these parents. Father please put Your hand on this family and soften their hearts, let these grandparents see that this is wrong. Also Father please help this young father to have strength, curage, and understanding to stand up to evil in the world and protect his daughter. Father I ask you also to comfort my dear friend and give her the strength to help her son in whatever way she can. You know her strengths she has shown us so many times and you know her heart and her love. Please keep her granddaughter in her life filled with love. I praise you Father for all you have done, can do, and will do to keep us all under your wings of protection. I know so many prayers you have answered. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being Our Savior. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
@cjsmom (1423)
I'm crying right now...Such a beautiful prayer, Faith. Thank you my friend. Where two or more are gathered...thank you again. His Will be done. Amen.
@byfaithonly (10716)
Oh there you go, I haven't had a good cry yet today and you had to get me going - I'm crying thinking of you crying... Ok what's the one about 'a mother's tears'? Is that scripture or something I read someplace else - I know my friend the retired Pastor has said it to me several times but it's always when I'm crying over my kids and I forget to ask him...prayers from the heart are always the best and never fail to bring me to tears... this prayer was from my heart and I continue to pray for this whole situation.
@lquiambao (109)
Yes, cjsmom, I will keep you, your son, your grandchild in my morning prayers everyday but specially pray for the mom of your grandchild and her family that they will see your son's love for his daughter and will not do anything to separate them. God bless!
@cjsmom (1423)
Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers.
Does your son have a lawyer? Most times the courts will award custody to one of the parents not the grandparents, unless there is solid proof that the parents are unfit. The child should be able to see her father. It is highly unfair that this woman's parents are being such jerks. It saddens my heart when I hear of such happenings. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Huggers to you.
@cjsmom (1423)
Thank you lady...Yes, his dad got him one. They had the preliminary just recently and it was quite funny. Her family must have thought that my son was just going to accept everything they wanted. They didn't even bother with a lawyer. They were mad at my son because he wouldn't accept their fair custody of getting 100%...LOL His lawyer thinks he can help and that my son will come out of this with good visitation. Thank you for the huggers...
• Marion, Kansas
I will keep you uplifted as I can. I am so sorry about this. The baby will be the one that loses out.
@cjsmom (1423)
Thank you so much and you are so right, that poor little baby. I just wish I didn't live clear across the country from them or there'd be 'heck' to pay.
@rainbow (6763)