oops it broke now i'm sorted!!!!

My new table - My new table and chairs from Matalan
@weemam (13389)
about two week ago I sent to Argos online for a bistro table and chairs reduced on bank holiday Monday to £50 . It lay there for a week ( not like me) and the other day when hubby and I were out wit Mam and Dad Ross thought he would have a go and building it for me, Now for those who don't know Ros he is my youngest son 27 years old and has Cerebral Palsy, he hasd never been handy because his hand control isn't too good, Well anyway when I got home he had it out on the garden paving slabs, thoughtfully on a rug and he had grub screws in the table ( it was cast aluminum) he couldn't figure out why the table legs had 2 holes but the table underneath only had 2 screws in , When I got home he was laughing and asked if I had checked what he had done. it was so funny because he was trying to put the chair legs on the table, and the grub screws were upside don as the slit for the screwdriver was in the hole instead of on top to tighten . WE tried to tighten the last one up and the stupid screw thingy broke so it is sitting at the front door waiting for the shop to uplift it, I was just so pleased that he had even tried to do this for me, I was so proud of him to finish the story off, I went to Matalan today and got a lovely glass topped bistro table and 2 chairs, he chairs were already built and it took me 20 mins to do the table, it looks gorgeous . so woops it was broke but now I am sorted, he is lovely my son,xx the picture is from the Matalan catalogue
@charms88 (7546)
Your son is wonderful and really, really a good man despite his condition. I could have easily bow down to him for trying to set up the table. I remembered living under a foster parents in Utah, Salt Lake City many years ago. The couples have a lovely son, Robbie, who was 21 that time and have Cerebral Palsy too. He was always cheerful and insisted to personally served food for me. He kept talking non-stop and laughed all the time. I kept thinking how can a man like him with Cerebral Palsy possessed a kindness and embraced life with gladness. Your son and Robbie are great, isn't it.
@weemam (13389)
we were told he wouldn't live he has his HND in computing and doing to open university courses a Ba and a BSC I am so proud of him I could burst , his picture is on my profile page xx
@charms88 (7546)
I know weemam. I don't know if I can have the courage to go through what you're experiencing. I know it is not easy. It required a lot of patience and understanding. It really humbled me to know about this.
@weemam (13389)
he is a very lovable guy , he is always busy and everyone likes him , he is always ready for a laugh and a joke and he takes the pee out of me all the time my hubby laughs as I am under 5 feet and Ros is over 6 ft . and he stands and chats to me with his elbow on my shoulder lol I have put his picture on another response here xxxx
@tess1960 (2387)
Oh, your ross is such a character. I am proud of him too for trying. I bet you would have been in tears had he managed to get it all done and set up!! I agree, at least he tried. The table is nice. Enjoy!
@weemam (13389)
my son Ross - Ross
I couldn't tell you how proud of him I was for even trying to do it for me as he knows I would usually do it the day it's delivered hes brill Tess, this is his picture, you can see the devilment in his eyes lol xxxx
@tess1960 (2387)
HE is a handsome young man and very tal;ented. What a beautiful smile, those eyes just grabbed me. I can see why you say he has the devilment showing in this pic.
@weemam (13389)
thanks Tess he is good fun to be around , mummymo on the site will tell you that as she is a friend and neighbour of ours xx
@lightningMD (5937)
Nice table. It was a very nice gesture on your sons part. I try to buy things already assembled it seems to cut down on the swearing and the stress around here.
@weemam (13389)
I agree but they mostly seem to be flat pack now adays
@mummymo (23709)
Oh he may be a cheeky sod but he is sweet! Good for Ross! I'll be along soon to enjoy coffee al fresco! lol xxx
@joice86 (1079)
Wow, how nice of your son to try to do that one. I am happy for you...And you have a new beautiful table...Enjoy dining there...LOL..and say hi to Ross for me...:-)
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
You must be very proud of your son weeman, he is such a thoughtful lad, always doing things for you. He wanted to please you again by fixing the table for you, and although he didn't quite get there, he tried - and it's the thought that counts. He must be an absolute pleasure to be around. Well done Ross! The new table looks good.
@raydene (9875)
That was so thoughtful of our Ross to try to put it together.I bet Mam gave him a big hug.I am also glad that the second one is working out well.You now need a large umbrella for it so when you are using the laptop the sun won't glare on the screen.Does it have the holr in the center for the umbrella if you aquire one?Good for you for putting it together. oxxoxo
@Darkwing (21590)
The table and chairs look great, Weemam, and the desire to assemble it for you as a surprise, was a wonderful, loving gesture by Ross. I can imagine how proud you were of him for having attempted it, and indeed, knowing when he'd made a mistake and being able to laugh about it. What a character that lad is! I think probably he felt very proud of himself too... I sure hope so. All turned out well in the end and your Bistro table and chairs must add to your euphoria. Well done Ross, and congratulations Mum and Dad for having produced such a treasure. xx
@weemam (13389)
he knew I hadn't tried it because I wasn't well and I was just so touched by him even trying to do it for me , he said at least he had the grub screws in the right hole even if they were in upside down lol , I am so glad the new lot were a lot easier to do lol thanks pal xx
@Darkwing (21590)
Awwwwww, yes, I'm sure you were touched. He is a very special lad, Weemam. Thank you for sharing with us. xx
@someonesmom (5768)
You have a very wonderful, considerate son weemam. It sounds to me, like all of your family is very close. This is such a blessing these days, and with the ages of your boys too. Thanks so much for sharing this, as it's so great to hear how he tried to surprise you. I'm glad you have your new table now too.:)
@weemam (13389)
Would you believe the sun hasn't come out again since the day we bought it , lol xx
@hookfan (447)
Bless him for trying! :) I think I'd have given up in total frustration LOL Glad to hear the table is now up, looks nice and you pal are happy :) xxx
@weemam (13389)
Yup the second one was an easier one to do and the chairs were already made no building ,its lovely and so is Ross lol xx
@tyc415 (5706)
That is wonderful what your son did. At least he attempted it, it is the thought that counts and the laughs you two had and the memories. He accomplished something really big even if it wasn't correct. So proud of him.
@weemam (13389)
Thanks , it was just such a lovely surprise xx
• Netherlands
It was very sweet of him.......trying to give you a nice surprised. Don't worry....when put things together.... I'm not than handy too. Especially alot of things nowadays come in package that you have to build it yourself such as furniture from IKEA for example. Even with the complete instruction doesn't mean it will be easier to put them together. Anyway, you're lucky to have a son like him....some son I know didn't even bother to help at all... Nice set you have there weemam, I guess you are ready for the summer.....
@dana234 (2126)
• Spain
It was a lovely gesture of your son. He couldn´t put the table together, so what. It´s the thought that counts. I would have been really pleased as well if I was in your situation. It´s nice to hear that mother and son can have a good laugh together. Thanks for a heart warming story, wee. Have a nice day. XXX Dana
@gabs8513 (48803)
Awwwwwww Wee that was so sweet of Ross and I bet you where proud of him to I mean he wants to do things and does it to the best of his Ability and yes he is one wonderful Lad there is no doubt about that Hugs to you both xxxx
What a lovely lad. Those things are tricky to assemble at the best of times but now you have a lovely table hun.
@Katlady2 (9925)
I've said it before, and I am saying it again....you have an awesome son. That was so sweet of him to try to do that for you. I know a few people whose sons don't even give them the time of day. You are so lucky to have such an awesome loving family. And I love the new table. It is very beautiful.