Do you keep a journal and or personal diary?

@maddysmommy (16233)
I use to keep a written journal when I was a teenager and would write all my thoughts and how I felt everyday especially if i was angry at friends or family members, had a secret crush on someone or things that happened at school. I now have an online one where noone has access to it (I hope). Sometimes I share my thoughts with those on the site and other times i make them private and only available to me. So do you keep one? have you always had one from when you were young, or have you just started keeping a journal of your lifes journeys? Share your thoughts thanks.
@charms88 (7541)
I started keeping a journal way back in high school. I wrote all my thoughts and feelings each night before hitting the bed. It became a habit for me until I graduated in College. When I started working, I wasn't able to write anymore. My works alone required a lot of over time. All my journals was well kept in a special box tucked safely in my closet. From time to time, I will get one and read it. I can't help but laughed at what I wrote.
@maddysmommy (16233)
I use to do that now and then especially if I was upset about something and then write it all down to let it all out. Since things are going great for me I don't write as much as I use to. Thanks bunny for sharing.
@whyaskq (7532)
I do keep a diary when I was in school. That was because it was compulsory and the teacher actually checked that we do it. After I left school, I do not write anymore simply because I find it meaningless. However, in one stage of my life, I do write down my thoughts and feelings as a way of de-stressing.
@maddysmommy (16233)
How interesting, keeping a diary/journal at school, never did that when we were at school. I have not kept up with my journal for sometime and its funny though, most of the time I only write things down when I am not in a good mood, one way of letting it all out and then getting on with life i suppose, Thanks again bighead!
@tinamwhite (3255)
Maddysmommy, I also keep a journal...I write in it each night before I go to bed, it helps me to clear my thoughts for the day...sometimes I write "to do" lists for the next day as well....these things help me to deal with my feelings plus after I do this....I seem to relax.... and can sleep well.....my mind will close down...if I do not write in my journal....my mind seems to hav great difficulty in "shutting down". I think that a journal is very therapeutic for the author...it does not have to be anything fancy...just a private place to clear your mind and put into words the thoughts that are sometimes unclear or confusing...
Thanks so much for "best response"...I appreciate it.
I do keep a journal when I was still a teenager and most of the things that you will see on it are love notes for my first love. When I went to college, I stopped writing journals because I can no longer have time. SInce I love writing so much, I had been writing personal blogs on yahoo 360 and now, I enjoy writing here on mylot.
@maddysmommy (16233)
That's great hersmart. I also have an online journal which I have not written in for a while only because I am mostly in here. I suppose you can consider mylot like a journal in some ways. Thanks for responding!
@liyan97 (2128)
• Northern Mariana Islands
Hello there Maddysmom! Yeas I do keep a journal, I always have since I was in the third grade. I am an only girl in a family of three kids and my two brothers shun me out most of the time, I kept a journal for the times when I felt lonely and had no sister to talk or play with. My journal consists of more than twenty filled notebooks from that time. I now use my journal to write about my life and the questions I have that I can’t find myself to voice. It is really helpful in terms of releasing my stress and emotions when there is no one around to console me. But since I have been on Mylot, I have been slacking off a bit…lol.
@maddysmommy (16233)
Hey Liyan, that sounds like a lot of writing there! I know what you mean by it helping you to relieve stress and emotions too. I do keep an online one but have not filled it in since I found mylot LOL I suppose this sort of acts like a journal somewhat. Thanks for responding!
@ravinskye (8242)
I kept one as a teenager. as far as i know its still around here somewhere. I've thought about starting one up again. but with 2 small kids and one on the way, who's got time to write!
@maddysmommy (16233)
I know what you mean, I only have the one child and i don't have time other than to answer discussions in mylot!
Mostly My Lot is my online journal or diary. When I tried to blog last year, nothing came out. But, surprisingly most of my real life experiences have been chronicled right here on these pages. Some of the situations that I talk about are hypothetical, but others are taken from my real life. And, the advantage of blogging on My Lot, is that you have a willing and ready audience who is more than happy to chat with you about experiences. Lots of loving support too. You don't always get that from a real blog.
@maddysmommy (16233)
I like your discussions beautyqueen so keep on posting and I'll keep on responding (if I am able to). I totally agree about getting a lot of support here in mylot and finding out about other life experience, it is so much more fun than a real blog - thanks for responding beautyqueen!
I started keeping a diary when I was eleven and kept up with the practice until I found out they were being read when I was seventeen or eighteen. I threw my entire collection of nearly-daily writings away. It was a huge box. I felt so violated and I felt like I really couldn't trust anyone. Throwing them away, I thought, would prevent that feeling or act from happening again. In reality, though, my writing became stifled - creative writing, poetry, everything. It wasn't until I turned twenty-two that I was able to write in a journal again. A year later, I started writing a book also. Now, ten years later, I still have all my writing in a stack of journals in the corner of my room. Nothing ever came of the book, but that's okay. Looking back, I seriously and painfully regret throwing away all of those journals. I also threw away my letter collection from that time period for the same reason. To this day, I wish these boxes would magically appear on my doorstep. To this day, I wish some passer-by had seen those boxes on the curb, saved them and would one day return them to me.
@maddysmommy (16233)
Sorry to hear that explorations, to have someone read them is like an evasion of your private life and that would of hurt me too. I hope you are able to finish the book you started :) thanks for responding!
@rmuxagirl (7561)
I do keep a journal, but not daily. I like to write my thoughts and ideas on things whether it's life, religion or literature. I also have one online that people have access to, I'm not as open with that one though.
@cefaz_21 (2597)
I used to keep a journal,when I was in college..I've been known to friend that I keep a diary and all of those diaries are still intact in our old house at the province. I tried online diary too, it was good sharing thought about you to those who don't actually know you..I remember how I love to read comments from other members.However, I got tired of it and never had the time to viist it again. Now I have a journal where I do write my thoughts, my prayers or anything I would want to write, but unlike the old days where I can write on it everyday.Now I only write if i'm on the mood and if I have the time.
@zer0charly (5618)
i had a written journal also..and but I dnt write in there everyday..i only write on my journal if ever there is a funny,happy,memorable,exciting happened..it was so fun having your own journal..its a written memory..and if ever your alone and sad,you can browse it and read your own written story..it was so exciting..