Do you delete your messages here in myLot ??

@mimpi1911 (25454)
i just finished cleaning up my message box. it took me quite a while, i had to do it individually. do you know any other way to select and delete in bunches? that would have made our task easier. what about your email inboxes? how often do you organise them? do you do it instantly or wait for sometime. i kind of keep backups in customised folders of the good attachments and this takes little time. what about you??
@dpk262006 (56482)
I have not touched my message box, here on mylot since I started...and I see many messages have accumulated. Tumaney aacchaa yaad dilaya...issey bhi dekh kar khaali karna cchchayey. Thanks. I think message will be required to be deleted one by one. I have not tried. If you find some short-cut, pl. let me know. My E-Mail box keep on getting hefty...now I have started erasing e-mail messages simultaneosuly, otherwise..it will be problem. Either I 'delete' a message, or send it to 'archieve' after going through it. deepak
@mimpi1911 (25454)
after going through the trouble yesterday, i have decided to do it instantly. if i want to retain any message i will not otherwise i will trash it. for e-mail boxes i do it often. i get many beautiful greetings and funny mails, which i want to keep and this consumes up much space. deepak, in myLot is there any storage capacity of the messages? do the messages get deleted automatically after it reaches a certain number ?
@dpk262006 (56482)
Yes, you are doing the right thing. I think it is better to 'delete' the message immediately, after reading it, if it is not worth-retaining. You say -"i get many beautiful greetings and funny mails, which i want to keep and this consumes up much space." Yes, in that also you will have to become selective, you cannot retain each of the messages...coz it will continue to eat up your space. Koi Acchaa funny message ho to mujey bhi bhej dena, please. I am really sorry Mimpi, I have no idea about the storage capacity of message in mylot. Pl. do me a favour (and to yourself also) either start a discussion on this topic...many members may have the answers or plese write to mylot directly...and please let me know the results. deepak
@mimpi1911 (25454)
yes deepak, i have been thinking of messagimg to myLot, there is no urgency though. i donot have any difficulty regarding that - its just for the knowing sake. and yes, i will definitely send you funny ones. have a nice day.
@maribea (2366)
oh my dear friend actually I have never cleaned my message box here in mylot..I think I have to!!! it is so full of stuff!!so thanks for posting this discussion so as soon as I can I am having a look at the messages and deleting the oldest ones and the ones that I don't need anymore..I am tidier with my private email box..I am used to organising messages according to the email address they are directed to or to the subject they are about..I created some folders with labels and try to keep everything in order.but of course it is an endless job and I need to do a bit of cleaning there, too..the fact is that there is always so much to do!!!!
@mimpi1911 (25454)
hi maribea, it seems, you are much more organised that me. with private e-mail boxes, i am bit more organised than here in mylot. i feel, mylot could have one option where the messages would get automatically deleted on basis of date. what do you feel?
@maribea (2366)
well, I am very fond of letters and emails as well. So i wouldn't like anybody deciding which emails to delete and which to keep. I prefer going over them myself and decide according to my opinion. You see, I like reading past emails and messages from time to time..so I think I am going and having a look at my messages here to clean the mess!!!
@williamjisir (22903)
I have not deleted any messages here in mylot. By the way, has that something to do with our slow mylot speed, please? Mylot always drags very slowly in my area in the afternoon and in the evening. Having read this topic of yours, I am starting to think whether it could be part of the reasons that mylot speed is so slow in the afternoon and evening. If it is so, I would like to delete some of them to make mylot move faster. Thanks for your further response, dear mimpi.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
I don't think so. I think, we have unlimited online storage here and that has nothing to do with the speed. But then, what you have aired is something very important. I wish some tech savy comes up with an answer. Thanks.
@Modestah (11192)
Guess I should be happy to be so unpopular! lol. I have only about 6 messages in my inbox - so no worries there. With my very very slow dial-up it would take a fortnight to take on such a task if I were a popular mylotter!
@mimpi1911 (25454)
you are lucky that i am not your friend!!! otherwise you would have a tough time cleaning your PMs. LoL..
@joice86 (1079)
I only have few messages now, so I never deleted one yet and i don't have plans of deleting them in the future. It's ok for me that they will stay in my inbox...For my email, i only delete those scams....I don't organize my mails into folders and that's alright for me.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
well that's you joice. thanx.
I delete the mail here. But not regular mail. I'm a horrible email person even on myspace I leave them there forever. Here, if I dont I think they just sit there saying I have alerts. Which can be VERY annoying! So yes I delete it.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
thanx for sharing. have a nice day.
@wildhorse (1293)
• Egypt
I don't do much messaging here in mylot so my list is not big, I delete right away things that I don't think that I would need later and don't let it to accumulate. As for email inboxes I can neglect it sometimes and it gets crowded but usually i sort it out daily and save things that I would need later or that I like to keep in separate organized folders.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
good for you. i getget hordes of messages ang send a lot aswell. so you can imagine my problem...
I delete my messages in Mylot usually as soon as the message thread has ended. I find it quite cumbersome though to have to delete them one at a time. I agree that there should be an option for us to delete all at once. As for my email inbox, I delete as soon as I've finished with the email. I can't stand to have a cluttered inbox for my emails lol.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
yeah, if we could sort and delete messages the moment we receive them, it would be less cumbersome. thanx dude.
@TerryZ (22083)
I dont deleate my messages right away. It takes me acouple of days to finally get them deleated all at once. I dont like them hanging around too long. You never know who is going to be lurking around.LOL
@mimpi1911 (25454)
i really appreciate. thanx for sharing.
Your post reminded me to check my messages and it looks like I will have to spend some time clearing out. I should go through all my emails too and delete the ones I no longer need.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
trust me, you will have a hard time sorting and cleaning them...haha...i had mine yesterday.
@rainbow (6763)
I've never deleted any personal messages on mylot, never thought about it and it's nice to look back at kind messages from friends. I did delete a friends comment once as it kept playing Auld Langs Syne tl it drove me crazy, but I did tell her first. I have 3 email addresses, mylot goes on one, cilcking goes on another and friends go on all 3. I save the best friends messages or ones with important links on but only have a good dort out once in a while. I'm way behind with checking those lovley picture messages we all send but will get them done when I have time. Hugs to you my darling, have a nice day!
@mimpi1911 (25454)
i archive all good messages in my private mail boxes. it gets tough though and at one time i have to take a backup in a seperate folder. yesterday was the first day, i did my sorting and cleaning here. i deleted all the messages that i had sent without any responses (which is a whole bulk), then i deleted a messages which gave me referral links (i donot like themj atall. i have the ones from my friends intact. i have never deleted any comments on my page whatsoever. have a nice day.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Yes I do as soon as it gets to the second Page I clear it sometimes I delete them as they come in so they do not pile up so much lol It is such a Pain doing them when there are a load as you can only delete them one by one lol
@mimpi1911 (25454)
yes, its a pain indeed. thanx gabs.
From time to time when I am in the mood lol... but otherwise I don't... it is too much trouble. Besides, myLot isn't the fastest engine around. :P
@mimpi1911 (25454)
it's indeed very time consuming and annoying..
@leanette (3004)
I dont get quite lot many message her eon mylot, so that saves me from the task of 'cleaning up'. But however, my email inbox has a lot that has to be deleted and I do that regularly every day. Yes, I have customized folders for certain mails too.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
you seem a very organised kind. keep up the good work going. thanx for sharing.
@aidonia (4210)
• Greece
Ops...you push a sensitive button here lol: I'm not good organizing person and here and many days I thought that mylot messages are too much and I must start delete.My mistake was that i didn't do often so I have many messages and the truth is I want keep some of them.So this need time and organazing....but time is so little organize not my friend,what can I do???
@mimpi1911 (25454)
same with me aidonia. it gets very difficult in organising messages more so when i am not cleaning regularly. thanx.
@sunita64 (6473)
Deleting messages in mylot is really cumbersome process I wish the will do like others in which you just mark the msgs to be deleted and then with a single delete all are gone.Hope mylot people are listening.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
yes, even i do hope they are listening. thanx.