The Korean War

Do you know anyone or was your family member in the Korean War? My daddy was in the Korean War. He passed away 3 yrs ago in this coming July and he always wanted to know if any in his regiment was still living and where they were. I am just wondering if anyone on here had any friends or family that was in the Korean War.
@lauriefnp (5112)
My Dad was in the U.S. Navy during WWII as well as during the Korean War. He was in the Submarine service, but never saw any active combat. He is a very proud 82-year old Veteran with many military stories to tell! He also has tons of pictures of his submarines- and of course a story to go along with every picture!
Yes, after my daddy started talking about it, like I said he was on front lines and it took him a while before he would talk about it. He had so many stories to tell. Thanks for posting.
@Sherry12 (2475)
My dad was in the navy during the Korean War. Though he was lucky he didn't have to get into any real combat. But, of course, they were always on call if needed. He used to keep in contact with the guys, but I don't think he does now.
My dad was in the Army and fought on the front lines. It was up until my oldest boy was in his teens that my daddy was able to start talking about the war. It was such a tramatic experience for him. Thanks for your response.