how to prevent grey/white hair

i am still 19 years old, almost 20 in july. my mom and dad already have grey/white hair and from the stories of my mom, she started getting white hair when she was like 20+ years old. im really getting worried because im about to start my 20's and i really dont want to have grey hair so early. do you have some tips on how to prevent my hair from greying? help!
@Debs_place (10551)
My mom started going gray at 19, my Dad not until he was close to 70...I started in my late 20's. It is all genetics, not much you can go about it.
yes, i know that it's all about genetics but i am just curious if there is a way to prevent it or prolong the effects of genetics. :)
@Gorgeous24 (1092)
I do agree its all in your genetics there are plenty of things you can do to minimize the appearance of the grey hair like going to a salon and getting your hair colored so that way you cant see them for awhile.
luckily, i dont have grey hairs (yet). that's why im wondering if there's any way to fortify my hair with needed nutrients as to stop my grey hairs from appearing in the future.
I don't think there is much you could do about it because it's all genetics. A nice dye job or some highlights might cover them up. I will cross my fingers for you and hope you don't get them any time soon. LOL
i started greying at 15. if you inheirited the genes,there really isn't anything you can do but cover it with dye,if you choose to.
@suspenseful (40326)
You cannot prevent it. In your case it is inherited. The only way was to have different parents, or at least one parent who went gray later in life. You can hide it by using a hair dye, but you do not need to if you have a young looking face. If not, get Clairol or a hair dye and when you are old enough, you can let the white hair show through. If you are lucky, people will think you are a platinum blond.