Have you ever been to Las Vegas?

I have been there last September 2006. That's where we got married and celebrated our honeymoon. We had a terrific time casino, hotel, shopping and etc. I'm not sure why they call it the sin city, maybe because of too much gambling involve. Anyway have you ever been to Las Vegas? Please share your experience.
@Trace86 (5033)
I got married there a number of years ago. It was wonderful! Our whole families got to attend. It was so stinking hot that day I wanted to jump into the pool after. My family stopped me. I was just a smidgeon drunk. That was the best man's fault. He kept giving me vodka! I also saw an Elvis impersonator while we were there. An experience to never forget.
well that's funny ... i mean jumping in the pool. i never got the chance to jump in the pool while we were at our hotel. and didn't get to see any elvis impersonator, although they gave me lots of tickets for a free show while walking down the vegas strip.
@lightningMD (5932)
We havent been to Las Vegas yet. WE were supposed to go in January for our anniversay but we ended up getting custody of my step-daughter and had no one to watch her. Luckily they gave us back our deposit.
hopefully you'll get to visit vegas soon!! :)
@inked4life (4227)
Las Vegas is one of my favorite places to visit. The wife and I try to get there at least once a year. I usually take a full day to do nothing but gamble (usually the horses), and we'll catch a show, do a bit of shopping and just walk the strip going in and out of all the hotels, having a few drinks etc. We usually try to stay at a different hotel each time we visit just to mix it up a little.
i think going to see the shows is what we forgot to do. i would love to watch circque de soleil sometime with my husband.
I have not been to vegas, but I have always wanted to go. I wanted to get married there and win millions. haha. I can dream can't I? :)
well why not, who knows maybe you'll be there sooner than you expect :).
My husband and I have spent 3 different vacations in Las Vegas, we enjoy gambling a little. We like slot machines. We enjoy the food, the crowds and the decor. Its sort of a fantacy land for grown ups. We would go back.
• Brazil
No, I haven't, but I think it would be nice
I was born and raised in Las Vegas and I have honestly never understood the appeal. It's not that I got sick of it, I simply never understood what the draw was. Just seems like one big, boring waste of money to me.
@jillhill (37383)
Been there, loved it. We didn't just gamble. I met my daughters there and we did some sight seeing too like Hoover Dam and Fremont street to watch the acts down there. Also went to Comedy club at Harrods and another show. What a wonderful vacation. One draw back. We went in early august. Though I didn't get burned, it was so dry my skin felt like it was on fire.
@jerryn (818)
Yep, I went in July 2005. Arrived there about 10pm at night and it was so hot. Went shopping with my daughter and got a nosebleed because of the heat. This was my first trip there and I couldn't enjoy myself because I go ill. Had to go to the emergency room and was diagnosed with strep throat. If I ever go back it will not be in the month of July. It's called sin city because of the gambling and the town never sleeps.