I'm so fed up with TAILGATERS!!!!

I just recently moved to georgia, in a small town called Valdosta. We came from texas in a smaller town than Valdosta, and I've had to deal with tailgaters before. In this town its just ridiculous, I cannot believe the ignorance of some drivers. We have a strip of road, called Bemiss. I drive it everyday at least twice, and everytime there's at least twenty people that tailgate me. The speed limit on this road is 45mph, and people have flown past me at 60-90 miles an hour. It drives me crazy, I don't understand why they cannot drive the speed limit, is it that hard? I just want to get out and beat the arrogance out of some of these people, due mind you i'm a relatively calm person. I will look up in the mirror and usually its a man, not saying that I don't get a few women that ride my bumper. I just can't understand why these younger guys will ride my bumper all the time, and then make obscene gestures when they pass me. I just don't understand why its so hard to obey the traffic laws, its like unless there's a cop around its a nascar race down the road to see who can get there faster. I understand that some people like to hot rod around and drive considerable stupid sometimes, i'm even guilty of that. However on occasion i've seen the same car riding my bumper, i've watched. Its just ridiculous, thank you for letting my rant. I hope that this doesn't offend anyone, thank you for listening. Do you think more men disobey traffic laws or women? Are you guilty of getting to close? How do you react when someone does this to you?
@mamasan34 (6521)
I have been guilty of tailgating. I wo'nt realize how close I am until I am right up on them. I know that sounds completely stupid, but that's the truth. I try not to though. Well, it's a small world and I hope you do come to enjoy Valdosta. It is a very nice town. I used to work there and I really enjoyed Valdosta. The traffic there is really bad though on Bemiss. They do drive crazy there, LOL.
Yes its crazy on bemiss, its just aggrivating. I can honestly say that Valdosta is very nice to live in, coming from texas i find it quaint. However the drivers here are about to drive me plum crazy. I bet i'll get used to it, thanks for your response i appreciated it. Silent
@mamasan34 (6521)
No problem! I think that Valdosta is a very nice place. It isn't too big or too small. I used to live in Jennings Florida and I drove to Valdosta for work. I absolutely loved the people there! Everyone was so nice and I often miss it. My husband is in the military and we have thought about retiring there. Well, I am glad your enjoying Valdosta, and you will get used to the crazy small town drivers! LOL