do u listen to music while reading?

i think that reading n music go harmonious. i love listening to soft music while i read a novel or my text books. Mellifluous music really is a treat to ur ears while reading. it enhances our concentration and refreshes our mind. so, do u like listen to music while reading?
@acmepride (1547)
I totally agree that reading and music could harmoniously go together. Like you, manish, I often listen to music (classical, nature,`or anything relaxing/calming) when I read books for pleasure or, more importantly, when I study. Interestingly enough, rather than being distracted, I find myself having heightened focus and improved awareness. It even helps me visualize what I'm reading or studying. When I listen to music, I seem to find it easier to create a mental picture, and sometimes, quite strangely, even a mental movie, if you will, of what I'm reading or studying. It's as if I'm slowly playing the film in my head with my mental eye watching, and the music that I'm listening to while I'm reading serves as the background music of the film that is playing through my head. Quite conceivably, thus, reading and listening to music are very much complementary.
@petitpapa (194)
i always listen to music(justlight and soft music ) while i am reading,if no music i cant settled down to reading.
I'll listen to anything while reading! but then again I can read anywhere... and anytime... I just get sucked into the book and the world fades around me, I've even missed a bus stop because of that
@skbadhan (881)
Ya i too feel so that reading and music go harmonious. i feel nice while reading i prefer slow music and gazals while reading . i feel putting on music while reading also helps to cut off the other discurbance and noice polution too.
@golfproo (1841)
I simply cannot listen to music when I read. I find it far too distracting and always lose my train of thought. I used to be able to listen to classical music while I read, but now I cannot even do that. cheers,
I can not listen to music while I am reading because it is too much of a distraction. It doesn't matter what the music is I need complete quiet when I am reading.