Phillippine Election is still backward

@edujccz (929)
I saw in the tv last night where a foreign observer with her comment that the election in the Philippines is still backward. It is shocking and shameful as a Filipino to hear such a comment. I too agree in their interpretation but our people in the government dont seems to do anything. we are now in the 20th century but the way we do the election is still uncivilized. what can you say about this and do you have anything in mind to change the system.
@g_aileen09 (1354)
I agree... it's backward. I've seen it myself--- the same old tale in each election period--- the way the election officers treat the electorate is on top. We are the ones who are supposed to be treated with utmost regard because the election results lie in our power. But would you believe that in our town alone, the election supervisors are the ones who yell at us under the burning heat of the sun...they couldn't even devise a system to make us comfortable and at least be treated with a bit of respect... We have spent our money, time, effort.. and yes... our LIVES... in going to the poll areas, only to be regarded as animals. Needless to say that I sacrificed two working days, three full tanks of fuel, and the mental torture on what might happen to me and my family on the road, just to go home to the province and vote. Of course, nobody's ever told me to go home and vote, for i may have opted to register in the area where i am residing now, but have you ever heard of the stories of those who spend hours of not being able to find their names in the precints hence turned out to not having been able to vote at all. My vote is sacred.. hence I must execise my right. For I believe that I could make a difference somehow. Well... if we have to bear with the primitive style.. so be it... as long as we are given this right... unlike those in other countries who do not have this right. I'd still choose to be Filipino...backwards or not. :)
@edujccz (929)
Plus all the killings around , yet the government is saying that we have a peaceful election. unbelievable. and the lengthening of the outcome, the people are getting distress ideas where the anomaly of what they call political machinery will take place. Never mind do as they please , nobody believe them anymore, if you are in the government you will survive.
@toonatoons (3740)
backward and dirty. there's a lot of vote-buying going on, a terrible insult to the integrity of the people. it's so sad how money could change peoples' minds in an instant. it's sad, too, that, even those just starting out their political careers are the ones buying votes. i
@edujccz (929)
Rigth toonatoons and it is really shameful as a filipino were we are flaunted by our neighbors but our own government are not doing anything for them to stay in power and greedy for money. thank you for your reply, i like your name, good day