how do you improve your spoken English?

China
now in our country-China,spoken English is so important in finding a job.if you can speak English fluently,then it is easier to find a good job that pays you higher.but my spoken English is very poor,though I have a good command of words,but I can not communicate with foreigners in English. how to improve my spoken English,do you have some good advices?thank you very much!
@mameiha69 (157)
to improve you english,read a lot of english books, it will help you a lot. another thing is watch movies or television, it helped me a lot when i was learning english. try to write poems, songs or stories in english. and try to start a conversation with your friends using the english language. remember that experince is the best teacher. and practice makes perfect! :-
thank you,I think so,I will do these!
sure no problem. happy learning!!
@toonatoons (3739)
here are some tips you might find useful: 1) watch english shows, particularly kids shows, i.e. sesame street, barney, land before time, and the like. the characters in such shows speak very clear english. 2) read english books/articles out loud 3) if you are able to, record your readings on tape so you could assess how you sound.
thank you,I think it will help me a lot!
@aliasad (1567)
• Pakistan
This is good to see that you realise the need and importance of languages widely spoken in the world. Here in my country yes if someone seeks a good job in some multinational, he has to improve the skill and should be well versed. Spoken English ... hmmmm you can listen radio programs, you can read books and so on. But I would recommend that this is the practice that makes this skill perfect. If possible, have company of those who are good in english. Try to speak english most often in order to be fluent and also join some institute helping the speaking drills in perfect accent. Good Luck!
yes,actually,the most important thing is that we should have an environment to speak English!
I guess the only way to improve would be to converse in the language on a daily basis. This may be tough, as there may not be that many people who can speak English in China. An alternative would be to make sure you catch an english show, movie, gameshow or something similar on a daily basis. I guess even an hour a day would be good enough. While you are enjoying it, do look out for the nuances now and then and speak out/practice by yourself. I have the opposite problem of yours. I'm Chinese but I can't really speak chinese that well. So this is something that I'm currently trying to improve.
haha,I am chinese to,no matter how hard it will be,try our best to do!
@joice86 (1079)
I am also having a hard time speaking english. I am not that confident speaking english. I'm afraid to say something wrong because they might just laugh at me. But now, I have to learn to speak english well so I keep on practicing how. Next month, I will be going abroad so by there, I can improve my English. Now, i am just looking for online lessons here in the internet and try to practice them. In that way, I can start learning how to construct my sentences well and get to have tips in speaking english.