Bush's solution for illegals is it far?

So I saw on the News last night that Bush wants to give citizenship to some of the illegals that are already here. If I understood this correctly he would like to make them pay a fine 5,000. And then send them back to there countries for anywhere from 5 to 8 years. Now I'm not sure how this is fair for the ones paying the fine. Why would anyone pay 5,000 dollars to be sent back to there countries? When they can just stay here for free. I may be wrong about the details but I'm pretty sure what I heard. So if anyone else has anymore information to add to this please do.
@callarse1 (4793)
Actually the people that are living here, but who are working here I heard on the radio that they are trying to pass something in Congress that would allow them to apply for citizenship, but I also heard about that 5 000 fine. I just think it is so crazy. There are so many illegal workers here and I think you have to deal with it some way, either you have to allow them to stay here, allow them to become citizens, or take them back to their country. It is pretty silly because I know people that were taken back and then come back the next day! So really I think that's not a good solution Pablo
I agree its not a very good soluation.
@krayzee (1161)
I haven't heard anything about it. However it makes me wonder how exactly is he gonna make them pay that fine. I mean usually the illegal immigrants have emmigrated from their countries because they were very poor. When reaching the States it usually is hard for them to find work so they won't be very well off financially either. just think of those very poor mexican families. Where exactly are they going to get 5000 from.
Yes you are right. But most of them paid thousands of dollars to get here so they get the money some how.