Do You Know What You Believe?

I'm not asking what you believe or believe in. We all believe and believe in different things. I'm asking "Do You Know What You Believe"? To believe something means you that something to be 'true or real'. Belief - to be of the opinion that something exists or is a reality, especially when there is no absolute proof of its existence or reality. "confident that somebody or something is worthwhile or effective". With that being said, What do you believe? Do you know why you believe what you beleive?
@sreevasu (2718)
I am well aware of what I believe and why I believe. I believe what comes to my mind through my five senses (or sometimes even through the sixth) and what sets in my mind with the logic my mind could convince me. I know it is solely related to my knowledge, wisdom, intelligence, perspectives, likes and dislikes etc. I believe in Love as it is the warmth of life. I believe in Liberty as it is the nourisher of thoughts. I believe in nature as I am part of it. I believe in Life as I can feel my existence. I believe in communication as it is an outlet of my mind. So I believe in so many things. Thank you Terilee for your wonderful topic. I think I can go on writing about it...
@sreevasu (2718)
P.S. I am a materialist.
Thanks for sharing sreevasu. The important thing is, is that we have a belief system and apply it to our lives. We live by it, learn by it and we find peace in it. Thanks again.
@sreevasu (2718)
Yes, and I am comfortable with it. lol. Thank you
• Nigeria
well for me i do believe in what i know, like having to believe that GOD exist does not only mean i believe he exist, i do because i know he does and the fact that i have had some personal experience with him makes me have an unfounding believe
Thanks for sharing fellowlife. It's important to know what you believe and why. You said it all.
to put this simlply, I believe in God the Almighty Father. He made ways for me to cope up with the hardships of everyday life
Good answer michaelalwynrabago. To the point. No arguement here. Thanks for your response. Knowing what you believe and getting to the heart of it.
@fengbo (731)
I think i believe Buddhism.perhaps it decided by my family and my surroundings.when i can to believe Buddhism,i feel i can bless by the Kwan_yin.what do you like ?
What I believe in is not in question fengbo. I only want to stress the importance of knowing why you believe the way you do, in what you do. Having a reason to believe in what you do and that it is applied in your life for a reason. Thanks for your response.
@joice86 (1079)
Well at times, it depends on what I am thinking and have heard. I have already believe in lots of things only to find out they are not true. At times, I keep arguing with other people what I believe in and that in the end, I will lost at the end of the argument because what I have said is not true at all. At times I believe something because that one came from someone who has a good reputation and I also believe things that i watched in the news but not most of them.
That's why it's so important to know what you believe and why. It's not up to anyone else to tell us what we should believe. It's up to us to search for the truth. The end result if coming to a conclusion we know what we believe. Thanks for your response joice.
@ellie26 (4128)
I believe in many things. I believe in God. I believe that every happenings have good reasons behind it.
Thanks for your response ellie. It's good that we all have something to know we believe in.
@Ravenladyj (22992)
I do knwo what I believe but to explain it simply is difficult...however its not a belief in God thoguh I do believe in a larger force/higher power but that entity has nothing to do with us (meaning no communication I guess you could say)..I believe that all living things be it plant, person, animal, insect etc etc is connected I believe in reincarnation..I believe in the spirit world and the Lwa and the list goes on and on.... Do I know WHY I believe in it all..sure....all those things have been a part of my life since I was a very little girl...I have seen too many things for me NOT to believe in them ya know..
Thank you for sharing your belief Ravenladyj. That's what's important; to have a belief and know it's right for you. It's our truth. It's our way. It's our reason. Thanks again for a great response.
Yes, I know what my belief system is and why it is. The experiences we have in life all contribute to what we believe.
Thanks PackratsHouse. I just think it's important to know what we believe in. Thanks for sharing.
@shak143 (1280)
Of course i know what i belive and why i belive.And one thing is in the world which keeps peace and make people to leave is the Belife. I agree that there is no proof as they had done in past and some have tampered it but Belife whihc you keep on your's belive's will make you winner in your work and in your life.
I'm glad you have confidence in what you believe shak. Thanks for sharing.
@mjsdls (1841)
I believe that Jesus is the son of God and came to earth in human form so we can come back to a true relationship with Father God. I believe this because I feel it in my soul that this is real. When I praise Jesus I feel His presences so strong at times. Nothing I ever did or believed in is as real as this.
For me mjsdls, it's the most important thing I've done in my entire life. That in itself says something. Thanks for sharing your beliefs.