which do you prefer, text message or call?

phone calls - a girl calling on her phone
@nurhoney (1123)
Philippines is the texting capital in the world. People here love to text message than give a call coz its much cheaper. When I was in China, I prefered to just call then text message coz the air time is just a small differences from text messages and with the calls, I get to talk a lot in a minute...I just hate it when you receive calls, they deduct your minutes/air time! In Philippines, I rarely call...just call for very important matteers or emergency call coz calls is expensive and the text messaging, some companies give unlimited texting for a day. I just like it when they dont deduct minutes when you receive calls. Which do you prefer, text messaging or call? In your country, how cheap is your text messaging than your calls? Do the company get your minutes when you receive calls?
@tmlnmr (1850)
with me it depends on several factors. What I am doing at the time, how quick I need the answer etc... I normally call though because where I am cell to cell is free as long as both cells are the same company. We also pay a small fee for unlimited texting for the month so that part doesn't play a factor in it.
@nurhoney (1123)
thats cool...wish we have that here in Philippines...thanks for sharing.
@tmlnmr (1850)
It definitely comes in handy! LOL. Thanks for best response. :D
@cripfemme (7719)
I hate text messages; I have Cerebral Palsy and can't type that well quickly. But I'm a big phone user.
@nurhoney (1123)
thanks for sharing.
@shakeroo (3991)
It depends on the situation. there are times where I prefer to text rather than call. Mostly it would be the case where I am trying to avoid talking to a person due to some reasons or another. Texting is cheap here and call is cheap as well especially if it is within your same network. I have also subscribe to family plan and I get 20 hours of free talk and 1000 free text to five numbers under that plan per month.
@nurhoney (1123)
thats good for you...thanks for sharing.
@shak143 (1280)
i like to call instead of text meassages.As i hate waiting and have less patience.I can't wait untill i get reply i need instant result. By call u can get answer as well as you can listen to your friend or the one whom you call.
@nurhoney (1123)
text messaging really do need patience...thanks for sharing.
@hcromer (2712)
I really used to prefer text messaging because I hate talking on the phone, but my cell phone service provider changed my plan so now I have to pay for every text RECEIVED in addition to every on that is sent and there is no way to block text messages to come in. It's really not very cool at all, so now I have to call people and then yell at them for sending me text messages.
@nurhoney (1123)
oh wow...thats not cool...i hate it when that will happen...in china they get money from you if you accept calls, which i dont like...thanks for sharing.
Lately, I seldom notice my mobile phone...wonder why??? because I seldom get any call or text message...so ask me if which I do prefer then my answer is both. Could anyone please call and send text message me... LOL
@indiavani (865)
Hello! I mostly prefer text messaging because my friends also do so. Daily I receive more than 30 messages & I have to reply ro them. So, obbviously messaging is preferrable as text messaging is quite cheaper than calls in my country (India)...vani^_^
@yamskee (830)
i prefer call and since call is very expensive in our country, i prefer text since cellphone networks nowadays have cheaper features of text mesaging.