A TROUBLE between Parents and Children---how long should a child watch TV?

tv - How long should it be better for one to watch TV in a day?
@mexshyl (878)
China
I'm an addict of watching TV.:) What about you? When I was a little girl, I liked watching cartoon films very much. I always attracted by its interesting and complicated plot. Watching them, I can't even hear what others talk to me. My mother always worries about that watching too much TV will influence my study like most Asia mothers. Now I'm a university student, every weekend when I got home, I still like watching TV, especially the TV play and talkshow. She tells me not to watch too long time as before. I am deeply fell into a contradiction. Whether should I accept her advice or just satisfy my own personal interest? Have you met this trouble between your parents and you? How long should it be better for one to watch TV in a day?
my daughter is 3...she watches quite a bit of TV...why? it gives me time to clean, email, etc. no this is not a thing where the TV plays babysitter..my daughter can speak about 10 words of Spanish, can sing songs, and knows quite a few colors, shapes, etc from watching TV. TV in small doses is okay. Tv with the RIGHT content is okay.
@mexshyl (878)
Hello, elizabeth525. Your daughter must be a lovely cute girl. Yeah, TV with the proper time and right content is okay for us. :)
@cf1016 (227)
HAHA,i am also an addict of watching TV,when i am at home,i will turn on the TV set for a whole day,so someone else would be agree with me.::)
@mexshyl (878)
Hi, cf1060. We are both the addict of watching TV. :) Oh, you can watch it for a whole day, really? But I don't think it's so good for us to watch it for such a long time. It will be bad for your eyes, cf1016. Don't forget protect your eyes when you enjoy yourself. ^_^