Marbles Anyone

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
Next week my parents will be watching my 5 year old nephew for two days and my mom was at a loss as to what to do if the weather is bad. She called me for ideas. I know he loves marbles so I thought I would also share what I found here: http://www.squiglysplayhouse.com/ArtsAndCrafts/Crafts/Marbles.html I wish I knew about this recipe when I was a kid because I also had a thing for collecting marbles.
@sunshinecup (7882)
Man that is neat! I will have to try that with my girls. They seldom play with dough any more, so this will give new life to the tons of it we have around here. Thanks for the tip!
@razcal2267 (15577)
That is right you have girls. Instead of making marbles you can make beads. The process is the same but the shapes can be so varied and with most all you need is a toothpick or large needle to make the hole that turns it into a bead.
@OhMyDayz (158)
I loved marbles when I was little too, what a good idea this is, I would never of thought to use clay. When my brother and I were little my mum use to give us cornflour and water to play with. This is such a great relaxing way to have fun. You just put the powdered cornflour in a tray and mix it with water. The feel of it is lovely, my brother and I would play with it for hours. Also she use to make us playough. 2 cups of flour 1 cup of salt 2 cups of boiling water 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar 2 tblsp oil few drops of colouring Put it all in a cooking pot, place over a high heat and constantly stir until a dough is formed. This is a brilliant and cheap way to make dough and it lasts for ages. Have a go, I know your son will have endless hours of fun with these two ideas and it will help your mum too!