Whats one most important thing you'd do or give out in exhange of helping ......

@daryljane (3439)
whats one thing that you'd do or give out in exhcnage of helping less fortunate people in need? We have this reality tv show here in the Philippines..im not really a Pinoy Big Brother Fanatic, although there are times that i can watch it when im at home and dont have anything to do..i saw thie episode where the housemate names Jee-Ann gave out all her dolls to less fortunate and sick kids to make them happy...and Robert conquer his fears for needles and has his left eyebrows shaved to help a kid in need for operation..i mean those acts are really great! good thing robert is staying inside the house although the whose nation can see him without a left brow but its wierd not having one! and Gee-Ann who treated her dolls as her own kid and even celebrates their b-day have to do a lot of thinking before giving them out... its amazing how people are willing to go out of their way if someone is really in need...and it also feel great to help.. what about you guys, whats one thing you'd do to give away in exchange on someone who's in need?
@Norstar (695)
This definitely shows the good side of the human nature. A good number of people go out of their way to help the unfortunate ones. I trust, if we can help some unfortunate person then we must do it. It may be a little bit of effort or hardship on our part, but it could mean a great assistance or fulfilling a very basic need of that unfortunate one. I would not expect or accept anything in return for having done something good to some unfortunate person. A help was offered without any expectations or gain in return. The satisfaction to have been of some use to someone is much more of a reward than any material gains.
@daryljane (3439)
i agree..its when you help out and not expect anything in return that you feels will feel really great! do you watch the show? oh, i dont know if youre from the philippines though..but that movie really helps a lot of people..
@el_jeffo (751)
Well, if I were really sincere, I would start off by pleading the government to use tax money properly and stop pocketing them so that they can use it to help the poor instead (which is what they should be doing anyway). I believe that would make a world of a difference in terms of helping our less fortunate, but sadly it is not possible.. Then, I will tell the local TV stations that make hour-length features that show them giving donations to one individual or one family to stop spending triple the amount of money they donated to produce one episode of those shows, and instead just give the money to those in need. They can reach out to many, many poor people that way. Again, this probably won't be possible, because TV stations need PR too...
@daryljane (3439)
yeah! i wish we can really tell the government to start making the change we need and not like this!!! i dont know when that time will come..but if it will..this world will be a better place to live!
@patgalca (14605)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I do not have garage sales. I do not sell our used clothing or household stuff. We give them away to charities. That is the best I can do. My daughter just did a major clean out of her room and piled a huge pile of clothes on the floor in MY room. I will have to box them up and have them ready the next time Community Living comes around looking for stuff. I expect nothing in return.
@daryljane (3439)
OH! i remembered i just cleaned out my closet this morning and had some stuff given out to some of our household help and some to our neighbors....they always tell me to clean out my closet but just havent had time...this morning some of them are waiting for me to finish and i gave out some stuff, bags and shoes that im not using anymore.
@lonely_f16 (2147)
i think i can do a task that needs physical exertion but I can't do it with regards to needles. I'm really afraid of needles too.
@daryljane (3439)
really? but imagine robert have to overcome that fear to help someone in need! bless him!