When you have things no longer of use to you, do you...

Have garage sales? Or............ Do you give your items to Goodwill or Salvation Army OR do you try and sell them on Ebay or Craigslist? I do all the above, except for EBay....not a big fan of them anymore. I think it is bologna how they charge you, even if you were not able to sell your products.
Before I moved, we had a yard sale at my friend's house, and then participated in a large community yard sale as well. It was a great way to get rid of some of our stuff that we didn't want to lug across the country. When we were done, we took the leftover stuff to GoodWill. I thought about selling a little of it on eBay, but it wasn't worth the time and aggravation of photographing, listing, and then shipping if and when it sold.
@bcl_me (583)
i post those items i no longer need on the internet just like this: http://bansalangin.sulit.com.ph. And i attract quite a number of inquiries. and sometime close the deal.
@horsesrule (1960)
Our last couple of yard sales were a bust so I don't plan on having another one ever again! They are so much work! So when we have things that we no longer use or just don't have room for we either donate it to a thrift store or we freecycle it. Sometimes we see if any of the family or friends will want it but generally, off to the thrift store we take it and drop it off. We tried to get a thrift store to come out to our house to pick up some stuff one time and they won't come out anymore. And if they do come, they go through the stuff and say we won't take any of that but we will take that one thing there. It was weird and awful! I thought thrift stores were about making money with donations. And what we were donating was not garbage, it was just stuff that we didn't have room for. Sometimes we will try to sell things on ebay and we have sold a bunch of stuff that way but it almost isn't worth it because all the good stuff goes for basically nothing and it's the weird stuff that I almost threw away that brought in the most money and bids! That's happened more than once so my daughter won't even let me throw anything in the trash anymore!! LOL.
@nurhoney (1123)
things that doesnt fit me and i dont need anymore...i give them out to our salesladies and their family. our salesladies are like a family to us already and they always love to get hand-downs from my family.
i used to give my old stuff to my sister of sometimes to my nephew who want to used it but never sell it....
@Rohit20 (327)
I give away things when they are no longer of any use to me.To those who are needy,in that way I feel myself satisfied.I never thought about selling them or storing with me.