Headache Hell

@zandi458 (27954)
Malaysia
Do you frequently have headaches? Do you just ignore and let it cure by itself. You should treat a headache as a warning sign. About two in every 100 heardaches are a sign of something more serious and there are more than 300 diseases and underlying conditions that can cause them. These include holes in the heart (which, according to new research, could be a major cause of migraines), tumours and general or local infection. Surprisingly,painkillers are just some of the things that can cause headaches. What triggers yours?
@tina12679 (1126)
I am a migrain sufferer and i try to control them most of the time by just laying down in the darkest part of my house until it goes away but it dont always work so i take tylenole or ibuprofin. It used to be that any kids of quick flash of light or bright light or even certain foods would trigger them I also used to get anxiety attacks with them.
@zandi458 (27954)
Keeping yourself isolated in a dark room should be able to relieve you of headaches. Just beware of taking too many painkillers it will agrevate rather than cure the problem. Yes, food is also a culprit that triggers headache. For me chocolate triggers my headache.
@joice86 (1079)
Hi tina, I think I am have migraine. Every time I have migraine, I just want to sleep. If the pain is still there, I try to vomit and after that I already feel better...
@mtdewgurl74 (18124)
I have alot of headaches. I end up haivng a headache almost everyday. I take advil for them becaus that is what I have found works best for me. I have tried the other stuff tylenol,aleve,excedrins nothing worked but the advil. I do have a heart murmur but I didn't know that is what could be causing these head aches I just thought it was because of my high blood pressure or the foods I eat or getting stressed out which is often. I get migraines that can last for days wake up with one and it just makes it harder to get through a day with one. I end up having to lay down and not do anyhting for that day.
@zandi458 (27954)
Over-the-counter medications provide welcome relief for millions, long term use or overuse of painkillers can make headaches worse. Not only it makes headaches worse, it stops other medications from working too. Try taking gentle exercise like walking or swimming. It might help.
@mtdewgurl74 (18124)
Taking over the counter or prescription rugs can cause liver damage over a long period of time. I am aware of this and so is alot of others. I have seriously cut back on the pain meds and only use them now as a nessessity when what ever I do never works. I would love to go swimmming and be able to relax but I hav no pool or can I get to a public one since it is 12 miles from me. I can walk though but it is really hot and I could possibly have a heat stroke. we are having hot weather even in the even time. But I will find a better way..exercise in the house with air.
I get headaches alot. I have only ever had a couple of full blown migraines. But my doctor said that I get various types of headaches. one being with migraine symptoms. Mine are mostly sinus or stress related. Certain noises go straight through me and are guaranteed to cause a headache. I don't see them as anything more serious than that. They are a pain (literally) but I don't feel they are a warning sign to something else. It is just something I suffer from! I count myslf lucky that I only suffer with these when there are so many more horrible and painful conditions to have to cope with daily.
@zandi458 (27954)
Everytime you start feeling a headache coming on, try to prevent it by identifying and cutting out the triggers. I think the best way to combat headaches is by keeping a headache diary and noting down when each headache strikes, who you were with, what you were doing beforehand, what you'd eaten and drank and a description of the pain. Take the diary to your doctor as it might give them valuable clues on how to help you.
@liranlgo (5743)
• Israel
Well i usually do not suffer from head aches, and when i do suffer it usually got to do with tension, or a very hot weather. So i know what to do. I just start meditating or somthing else that will reduce the pressure, and drink alote of water. I do not take any medicine or go to the doctors. I think that every ach has a reason, and if we are aware of it and it's cause, we can most of the times solve it ourselves. No pain killers for me.
@zandi458 (27954)
Normal headaches caused by tension or heat can be overcomed easily but persistent headaches will be something to be careful of. Sometimes when I have servere migrain after being out and exposed to noise and heat, I will just retreat to my bedroom draw the curtain and lay in bed for an hour or two, my headache will disappear completely I do practise meditation as part of my daily routine and it does help to lower my blood preasure. We must always keep ourself hydrated, dehydration is a major cause of headaches too. Painkillers will cause a rebound headache when they wear off.
@golfproo (1841)
I used to get headaches all the time. I do not really get them very much anymore. I will get one if I have not had coffee in the morning though. I had a serious head injury when I was younger so I think that is why I got them in the first place. Actually, I am not sure why they went away as I had them for many years. However, I am glad they are gone. cheers,
@zandi458 (27954)
Headaches are seasonal thing. I didn't know coffee can be addictive. I love coffee too.
@Swtrose (3399)
I suffer from migraines. It starts as somewhat as a sinus headache, then gets pretty bad to the point I'm almost crying. I use to be on medication for them, but I stopped that about ten years ago. Now I take Tylenol 8 hour and try to sleep them off.
@zandi458 (27954)
A good rest is the best remedy of r migraines.
Found out that I was hypoglycemic---and was having serious migraines for a month now. Migraines are a symptom of reactive hypoglycemia--didn't know that. And here I was scared I might be diabetic eating lots of sweets anyways. J
@zandi458 (27954)
Why don't you cut down on sweets. Diabetic is hard to leave the body once you have contacted it. So beware.
@koikoikoi (1247)
I hate headaches they're so annoying. They hurt when it feels like they're pounding on one specific spot. I just ignore it and hope it goes away by itself. I go to sleep so when I wake up I can feel good without it.
@zandi458 (27954)
Its migraine. Migraine normally will disapper after shutting yourself in a dark room and take a nap.
@natalie1981 (2002)
What usually triggers my headache is when my boyfriend starts pestering me. LOL. Actually, I have a recurring sinusitis, and usually, when my sinuses starts to inflame, I get this headache. It usually goes away after I drink my allergy medication.
@zandi458 (27954)
Thats different kind of headache. I might name it lovebug headache lol. When one is agitated it will also cause tension and headache.
@melanie652 (2526)
Fortunately, I don't have a whole lot of problems with headaches. Allergies can cause headaches and that's usually when I have the worst problems. I take an antihistimine along with one of the headache relief tablets with tylenol/caffeine and aspirin in them and that will usually get it. Other times I may get a headache is stress related, but that doesn't seem to happen very often.
@zandi458 (27954)
I see that your headaches are well within control.
@rosie_123 (6118)
I'm lucky that I don't suffer with headaches so often. When I do, they're normally related to my eyes, because I had surgery on my eyes a few years ago, and they still get tired and "strained" if I am on the PC too long, or read too much. Therefore, when I do get one, I tend just to rest nmy eyes for an hour or so - I don't take tablets because I hate taking medication of any kind. Recently, I had a sinus infection which caused me a few headaches, but I used a saline nasal spray and breathed in natural eucalyptus oil to try and shift it.
@zandi458 (27954)
Some people are not as lucky as you are. Headaches can change a person's mood. Those who are on glasses frequently experience sharp pain coming from the eyes area. I am on glasses so I do get this kind of eye strain which trigger my migrain. Over here we use eucalyptus oil as a quick fix on emergency and minor ailments like headache and stomachache.
@latsmom (824)
Yes I do get headaches around that time of the month, they knock me for six and make me feel really sick. I can't sleep or eat or concentrate when I get them and the one tablet that helps to relieve them contains caffine and keeps me awake for hours which is no good if i get a headache come on just before bed. As it always happens at the same time I put it down to a change in hormones but if I did start to get them frequently and was not under significant stress I woudl go to see my doctor to see if there was another cause.
@zandi458 (27954)
Monthly headache do occur to some women during the onset of menses. Probably it got to do with hormone. Read some of the response from this discussion, they are very informative and something can be learnt from there.
@djbtol (5501)
I used to have very frequent headaches. Fortunantley that is no longer the case. Now my headaches are usually do to sinus pressure. Have a great, headach-free day.
@zandi458 (27954)
Great, its gone. You should be in the pink of health now. Thanks for your response.
@devrajrao (167)
haed ache is not a disease but it is a symptom of underling disease.if you having headache for 2 or 3 days in a month than it may be normal ( due to physical and mental stress) but if you having repeated attack than its a waring sign you should visit to doctor.if fever and nausia and vomiting is associated with head ache than it ondicate infection in brain covering and spinal cord and that is a emergency.
@zandi458 (27954)
Thank you for your response, it confirms my suspicion that frequent headaches is a sympton of an underlying disease and should not be taken lightly.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I get headaces or migranes all the time but I also have a nerve diease that is the cause of mine. I take aspirn and migrane headace pills as needed.
@zandi458 (27954)
If you have migraines often despite taking medication or painkillers, why don't you try yourself on free medication. All it takes is just a few weeks of going without painkillers and your headaches might disapper completely. Other remedy is to take gentle exercise.
@joice86 (1079)
I don't know if they are headaches but I guess it is also a headache. Every time I am having a headache, the first thing that happens to me is that I have a blurry vision especially when I am hungry. Then what happens next is that my I have headaches already. I don't really know it is but I guess it is migraine or astigmatism...I don't take any medicine, I just sleep and try to eat for me to have something to vomit, after I had vomitted, then that's the only time that I will feel better.
@zandi458 (27954)
I had that experience before my migrain was so intense until I vomitted, then it subside. I don't remember what really cured it that it never reoccure now. Touch wood, I don't want to experience that nightmare again. Headaches have someting to do with astigmatism, go check with eye specialist and get their findings.
@katisaurus (1038)
I get stress/tension headaches. I remember seeing my doctor about it because I had the same headache for two weeks straight. I barely slept because of it, it got so bad I couldn't take it anymore but when I went to the hospital, I didn't want to wait 6/7 hours to see a doctor when I could just make an appointment with my doctor and wait another day.. When I saw him he said it was stress and told me to take a few days off school and just relax at home.. It really helped. I avoided people, and just layed around and watched some movies/read a lot. It was so nice. Then I went and had myself a nice massage.
@zandi458 (27954)
I think most people experience headache and it make us moody, not wanting to mingle with family or friends. Just relax and listen to some instrumental musics will make you better.