My new baby

@maximax8 (28558)
United Kingdom
Saturday 19th May was a very exciting day for me. My son was born at 04.55 weighing 7lb and 11oz. I woke up with a bit of pain but didn't know I was in labour. I phoned for a midwife. Two midwifes arrived at 04.30. My birthing pool was still filling when I could feel my baby's head. Two more contractions later he was born. Sadly as he has spina bifida the midwifes wrapped up his poorly back and took him to hospital. He had a operation to help his back last night. Today he is back in an incubator. I go to visit him every day. It is very sad seeing all the tubes connected to him. How did you feel the day your child was born? Was it a lovely experience like my quick and easy birth? Did your child have any problems and need special care in hospital?
Congratulations for the new baby maximax, maybe he will be the next Einstein or if he has inherited some of his mom's genes, then probably he is going to be the next Marco Paulo :).
@maximax8 (28558)
Yes, I hope he is going to be the next Marco Paulo. MNay thanks for your great response.
@shakeroo (3990)
My baby was born about one month ahead of schedule but he cam out well. However, after two days at home, we had to sent him for a four day phototherapy session due to jaundice. I know how it feels to see you child going through those unpleasant moments. Be strong and thing would be alright.
@shakeroo (3990)
I forgot too! Congratulations!
@ellie26 (4128)
Hello maximax8, congratulation on your newborn son. I hope both of you are doinf fine especially your son. My experience was a mix of sad and happy feeling. Sad because I wanted so bad to have a natural birth but I was forced to have a C-section instead. My baby head was not engaged despite the fact that he was overdue. So, off I went to the OT and half an hour later, my baby was born. Because I was put on full GA, I didnt hear his first cry. When I finally gain my full conciousness, it was already a few hours after my baby was born. The nurse brought him in and that was the first time I saw him. I was so happy because he was so perfect and beautiful baby boy.
@maximax8 (28558)
I am sorry to hear that you had to have a C-section. This would have been my worst nightmare. You did well to recover from this. I am glad your baby boy was so perfect.
@mama4kids (690)
well first off..congrats on being a new mom and having such a wonderful birthing experience. second...i am sorry that he had to go thru all of that right after birth. i am sorry you had to experience that as well. i wish you and your new baby the best!!! god bless and good luck with the surgery recovery!!
@maximax8 (28558)
Many thanks for your response. The surgery went well. My baby so looks much stronger.
Wow,that was a very quick delivery!Is this your first one?Coz generally for the first one,they say it takes the longest of all the subsequent births..Mine was very easy too.I was induced as I did not dilate beyong a certain point..and the doctor eanted to try a natural birth.I was in labour for about 7 hours and fortunately had an epidural too. I feel sad for your little one,so little and away from his mum!But thank god that he had an operation and he will be fine now.I can understand your pain too..I hope he comes home all healthy and fine and super quick too..
Oh dear I forgot to congratulate you on your son's birth!:)Hearty congratulations to you and your family too.I was thinking of the little one while typing my response:)I hate to see kids with tubes but then,this is for his good so that he gets well quick and can go home with you:)
@dcroome2005 (1211)
Congrats on having your baby. Wow, 1 day later and you are already back on the computer and especially to mylot?? Amazing. I think it would take me a week before I remembered to jump back online. I am sorry to hear he is having complications but that just makes him extra special and dear to you. Hopefully you can bring him home soon! Congrats again!!!!
@maximax8 (28558)
Yes, I hope to be able to bring him home soon. He has moved from an incubator into a glass cot.
@ellie26 (4128)
Thank you, maximax8
@usmcsgtwife (4997)
Congratulations on the new baby!! Thats also mine and my husbands anniversary!!.. That was a quick delivery, I was in labor with my daughter for over 36 hours, and my son for only 4 hours.. I hope your son is doing well.. thoughts and prayers will be with him..
@mujtab20 (434)
• Nigeria
Well first of all congratulations! secondly I'm sorry for your baby. Thanks
@sarah22 (3981)
Congratulations and i wish the best for all of you.