What do you pay to have your refuse removed and how often do they pick it up?

@ladyljs (1303)
Here in West Virginia, we pay $42 for 3 months, but they only pick up the trash one time a week! I think that is excessive in costs as we have to "hold" on to the trash for one whole week...and God forbid you don't get it to the pickup point on time!!! What do you pay?
@castleghost (1304)
I pay seventy five dollars every three months. The trash is only picked up once a week. You are limited on how much trash you are allowed to throw away as well as what you are allowed to throw away. I agree with you, I think that it is excessive in costs but what can we really do about it?
i've never heard of paying to have your trash picked up. where i live in ontario canada. the trash gets picked up once a week and it's free.
@stephcjh (32327)
Here in Indiana, we pay $72.00 every three month for our trash puckup. It used to be lower than that until the gas prices went up. Our trash is only picked up once per week also. Sometimes we need it picked up was before the actual day that they come to get it. I hate it when we miss our trask pickup day because we still have to pay the same amount of money and our trash is stacked up alot by the time they come to get it the next week.
@4cuteboys (4102)
HI! We live on base so trash pickup is free, but I wanted to say that my parents just moved into a new house and it costs them $30 a month, and they come only once a week! You can also rent a dumpster from the company for $76 a month and they still come just once a week. I think that stinks! I am dreading when we have to live "in the real world" and pay for things like this! It seems so expensive.
@4cuteboys (4102)
I forgot to add they live in Pennsylvania!
@ladyljs (1303)
I am laughing so hard that tears are rolling down my face! " I THINK THAT STINKS!" yes, it does figuratively and literrally! VERY GOOD PLAY ON WORDS! You made my day!
@KissThis (3006)
I live in central Illinois. I pay $75 every three months. This is a once a week pick up and they have a list of items that will and will not pick up. And just this past week I got a letter to inform me that they now limit how much trash one house is allowed to place on the curb. If you were to go over the limit then you will be charged an extra $25 for that month. Plus they chnaged what day of the week trash pick up is so my fiancee is always confused as to when we are surpose to place the trash on the curb. It will take some time to get him use to this.
@creematee (2810)
You know, I don't know what my actual garbage bill is. It's all on one bill with my water & sewer. I think it's pretty minimal--5-10 dollars a month. BUT we have to buy special bags to use. They run almost $8 for 5 bags. Fortunately, We have curb side recycling, but they only pick up on the 1st and 3rd Wed. of the month. That becomes a REAL mess if I forget a Wed. or if there are 5 Wed. in the month! YIKES!
In my city, it's included with your property tax if you live in a single family dwelling. They also supply the trash cans for you. But, I live in an apartment and it's supposed to be included in the rent, so I don't know how much they pay. They use a private company to pick up our trash several times a week.
@Michele21 (3094)
Here ion Texas it is in with out water bill, I think it is like $15 a month, something close to that. And our trash gets picked up twice a week, if we miss a day our trash can get really full and starts to overflow, so I always put it out to the curb the day before to be sure and not miss it! I can't imagine it only getting picked up once a week!!
@melanie652 (2525)
We're in Oklahoma and live out in the country. So we get to pay more for rural trash pickup. We're paying $24 a month and that's for a once a week pick up. Only a couple companies will come out this far to pick up trash. Cost is pretty much the same for both.