Have you heard of the AMERO currency yet, in the Americas?

@saralee1 (1983)
Well ,the plan is to have a currency to trade with both Canada, and Mexico. this would make their money equally as strong as the US dollar, and curb on immigration. The plans are already underway, what are your thoughts to a dollar of equal strength?
@breepeace (3027)
Hmm.. I'm a Canadian and this is the first I've heard of this, too. I think it would be a good idea. The US dollar used to be a lot stronger prior to '99 when the Euro was introduced, and it would be nice to have a set currency across North America to avoid the exchange rates.
@saralee1 (1983)
yes, they say that the Amero may not come out for a decade, or so, so there is no rush. it is just in the works. better to be prepared than not.
I live 20 miles from the US/Mexico border and this is the first I've heard of this. It's an interesting idea, that's for sure. I agree that bringing each country's currency in balance will be quite the feat and there's other implications that will be difficult to overcome but I can see its benefits, especially around here where every corner has a different exchange rate, it seems. I look forward to hearing more about this and am interested to see how it all pans out.
@saralee1 (1983)
Well, you can check out youtube, they have some news coverage that they have compiled on it. It actually sounds like a logical idea to a dilemma that has plagued the United States with all the illegal immigrant issues. however certain paranoid types, myself somewhat included believe this is bringing together the NWO that much faster. you know, total takeover, one world govt yadda, yadda!on one hand, I want to see everyone get the stuff they need, and have a peaceful environment, but at the same time, I don't want to see everyone become conformed, and the same, you know? the whole thing bugs me to know people with more money, and lower IQ's are running the country. or, at least trying to!;P
@emeraldisle (13145)
I have not heard of this and not really sure how I feel about it. In some ways it does make sense to have one value, like the Euro does over seas. It makes it easier for travelers but at the same time I'm not sure how well it will work out. The Mexican and Canada money is at such a lower value then the US one to try and make a balanced one might not be easy. I'd like to read more on the plans for this and when I get a chance I'll do a search on it.
@saralee1 (1983)
I am by no means a financial advisor or anything, but supposedly according to MSNBC and FOX who have each reported the story, the currency has been underway for three years now. And, since the value of the dollar dropped since the Euro has been out, logic would tell me that North America is trying to buy some spending rights back. If I were a full blooded bible thumper, I'd be jumping out of my skin right about now. it still gives me the heevie jeevies though.