In travelling, do you bring more or less?

In travelling, are you the type of person who brings everything you can (thinking you need these & those) or are you the type who brings the minimum baggage? Why? Why not the other? Before, I used to be the "bring everthing I can traveller" thinking that I need these stuff, that I might spill something on my clothes blablabla.. But having those baggages is such a fuss so I swiched on to the light-side of travelling. Now, I choose which of these stuffs I really need for a certain time and weather. Thanks for the response! ++:)
@Inky261 (2524)
I don`t like to carry many things or watch several suitcases. No, when travelling I do not take my whole household. One travelbag to carry is enough for me. It doesn`t bother me if I forget something. One can buy things everywhere worldwide. So what if I have forgotten that toothbrush, I buy a new one.
@maryannemax (12172)
• Sweden
ouch.. that hurts. i am a carry it all person and so, it also means "i take my whole household" with me while going somewhere. well, i am really guilty of this. i bring a lot. how i wish i could be like you inky!
@maryannemax (12172)
• Sweden
i bring so much excess when travelling. and i honestly hate it. but i just can't help myself... i always think of "what ifs and buts" and i end up having a huge pack and so many extra things, too.
@happymom1 (1179)
My husband always tell me when we are going somewhere better bring more than less because in case of emergency we can use what we have. For example stranded in a place where nobody can help you so if you bring food or something that can help that situation you are ready.
@maximax8 (27954)
I have heard the best sort of traveller takes half the baggage and double the money. When I began travelling I took far too much stuff. My backpack was so heavy it dropped to bits when I was in Sweden. It was not cheap to get a replacement for it. Nowadays I limit myself to mostly essentials and a few luxuries. I have a bag with things like toothpaste, toothbrush, deodrant, shampoo, contact lenses and tissues. I have a small tube of washing luquid for my clothes. Depending on climate I take about three outfits. I like to have an alarm clock. I enjoy taking my personal stereo so I can enjoy some music. If customs allow it I take a few snacks for my journey.
@lkbooi (16101)
During the first tour due to lack of experience both my husband and I used to bring lots of stuffs that some were found unnecessary to bring along later on. In the successive tours as we had gained more experiences we knew what were the necessary things to bring. They are mainly those personal things that can’t be bought else where during the tour. It’s important to bring along with us cash, traveling cheques and credit cards. For the luggage the lighter will be the better.
i bring only the important things so i bring less stuffs..
i dont bring that much clothes with me when i travel. i try, as much as possible, to bring a luggage that weighs less than 10 pounds.. i always have a list prepared before i pack my luggage,. this way i can removed all the unnecessarily things. its easier and more convenient for me to just hand-carry my luggage.
i think your way of preparing your baggage is more stratigic.. I'll consider doing that the next time I pack for travelling.