Do you hang your clothes in your closets or keep them in bureaus?

do you like hanging your clothes in the closet or keeping them in bureaus? My dad's always teasing me cause I don't use bureaus. I keep all my clothes in my closet.I don't know why.I even have a special drawer rack to keep my underclothes and socks,etc. I really don't like bureaus as they take up a lot of room . What about you?
I hang most of mine, except my shorts capris and undies. My good clothes, dress cloths get hung up on padded hangers , zipped into suit and dress bags and hung in an antique ceder wardrobe. I like nice big pieces of bedroom furniture. I think it has something to do with my love of the Victorian age. Sweaters also get folded and put in drawers.
Actually ,I use to like dressers but for some reason, in the last 5 years or so ,I really don't like them and think of them as a waste of space. Isn't it weird how people's likes and dislikes changes over the years?
@Sherry12 (2475)
I hang most of my clothes because I have more closet space then I have drawers. But, I think it would be much easier to fold them and put in a bureau.
I have space savers in my closet .I really like them cause i don't have to dig through drawers.My bras,socks, etc go in a pull out rack that has sides but no top so I can go right to them .I wish they had these kind of space savers when i was a kid!
@lightningMD (5932)
I use both the closet and the dresser. I keep my underclothes and shorts and tee-shirts in the dresser and hang the rest in the closet. I agree dressers do take up alot of room.
I know I go a little over board packing everything int the closet but that's how I like it. I have more room for what collectibles I have
There are three piles of cloths 1 dirty 2 dirty but can be worn if needed 3 clean when the dirty pile is larger than the clean pile time to do laundry.
My brother would always sort through the dirty clothes for stuff that he could wear,just so he wouldn't have to wash lol
yup most guys do
@Script (592)
I use both. I keep my underwear, socks, t-shirts and shorts in my dresser. My shirts, jeans, skirts and coats all hang in my closet. I also keep all my shoes on the floor in the closet. I keep my jumpers in the closet, but they are folded and kept on a high shelf. I'm pretty organised when it comes to my clothes, friends laugh when they get a peek because they think I'm so anal!!!
I am also well organised,in fact I have been called anal,a neat freak,you name it,lol. I have a couple of pull out racks that have sides but no tops,I keep my undies in one,my bras in another etc.
@Script (592)
hmmmm.... but the big question is whether all your jars and bottle in the pantry have the labels all facing the front??????!
oh yea.all in a row,labels front ,categorized and alphabetized.
@tinamwhite (3255)
Etched Glass of my Antique Bedroom Suite - This is a photo of the etched glass in my antique bedroom suite....It is absolutely gorgeous and I really love it...I intend to pass this suite down to my daughter, one day!
I use both....most of my things are hung in the closet....except underclothes and my pj's... I have an antique bedroom set with a matching bureau...with a large mirror and roses etched into the glass....it is very special to me....
Its very beautiful indeed.
Angelwhispers, thanks so much...I truly love it....It was manufactured in New Jersey and transported to Oklahoma...where I bought it and have carried it around for several years...the lady I bought it from was a dear friend of mine who has since passed away....increasing the sentimental value all the more... I am glad that you appreciated its beauty and felt compelled to share your thoughts with me....*smile*
That was a beautiful pic.I am sure that your daughter will love it. I don't know what this thing is,but for the last few years ,I can't stand having dressers.You should see the space savers I have ,lol
@vokey9472 (1488)
If I had a big enough closet to install some drawers for my socks and panties, I would keep everything in the closet. I did at one time hang my bras and panties on hangers, but then my closet got too crowded. So I had to get a chest of drawers. I don't like bureaus of any kind. They take up precious space and end up being a catch all for everything on the top.
Don't you just love those closet space savers they have out nowadays? I just odn't like them. the only furniture i have besides my bed and end tables are shelves and corner shelves to put my decorations and dolls.
@beauty_ph (2751)
Both is what I do. I love my clothes being neatly arrange. And they smell good too.
I am very neat too ,I am always being teased about it.I don't know why I have this thing about not liking dressers but it started about 5 or 6 years ago
@beauty_ph (2751)
Neat or organized closet is most girls do unlike men. Hehehe!
you got that right,lol
@bowtieguy (5927)
I'm not really sure what a bureaus is, but all of my close are hanging so I have to keep them in my closet.
a bureau is a piece of bedroom furniture with drawers .I like to use my closet.I have evrything organized their